ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP 10 year route switch to FLR M spouse visa 5 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alvin5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR FP 10 year route switch to FLR M spouse visa 5 year route

Post by alvin5 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:22 pm

Dear all

I really appreciat it if someone can help me with it.

I just have been granted FLR FP partner 10 year route this week. Just wondering if I am eligible to switch to spouse visa 5 year route next month? my wife meet the finance requirement and I have taken english test as well.

When I am trying to fill the form FLR M it stating " Your original leave to remain would have been for 2 years. You cannot have had an application considered, granted or refused on another route since that time."

does it mean i have to wait for two years under FLR FP visa and then I am eligible for switch to spouse visa?

Many thanks in advance

alvin5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP 10 year route switch to FLR M spouse visa 5 year route

Post by alvin5 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:25 pm

Sorry. To avoid confusion, whole question on flr m form is as below:

Your current visa or leave to remain

Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
a British citizen
a person settled in the UK
a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK
a person with pre-settled status under the EUSS in the UK
a person who has leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person in the UK
(Required)

Yes

No

Were you originally granted leave on the basis of an application made before 9 July 2012 as a partner on the family route?
(Required)
Your original leave to remain would have been for 2 years. You cannot have had an application considered, granted or refused on another route since that time.

Yes

No