ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple times identity requested

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kumar2525
Newly Registered
India

Multiple times identity requested

Post by Kumar2525 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi All, I am applying for my daughter first passport and she is born in the UK. Me and my wife both are on ILR and have Indian passport. She was born after I got ILR.

I have submitted my application using my ILR details and sent my original ILR and my daughter birth certificate. We applied for normal passport application and paid 49 GBP fees.

We got email for someone to confirm identity which we asked a family friend who is a BC and working for last 10 years to confirm her identity which she did.

After 2 weeks we got an email for another identity request and this time we asked one of my wife's friend to confirm her identity who is also a BC and she did the same.

Now after a week we got a third request asking for someone to confirm her identity from HM PO. I am quite concerned about these multiple requests for identity check and was wondering what could be the problem here.

Any help guidance most appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Multiple times identity requested

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:37 pm

You need to use a professional on the hmpo list. It cannot just be anyone who is British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kumar2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kumar2525 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Thank You so much for your quick response. The reference was provided by someone who is a professional (Engineer) qualified from India and working in a reputed bank in UK. Same for the other person who provided reference.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:43 pm

What type of engineer?

If a software engineer or IT engineer, they don't qualify as far as I am aware
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kumar2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kumar2525 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:44 pm

Computer Science - Okay we will try to find someone from the HMPO list. Thanks for all the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:43 pm
What type of engineer?

If a software engineer or IT engineer, they don't qualify as far as I am aware
When the list says engineer as a professional, they mean a mechanical, electrical or civil engineer who is registered as a professional with the regulatory body of the profession.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kumar2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kumar2525 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:54 pm

The thing is that we really dont know many people in the recognized profession list. As I am from IT background all of my contacts are from the similar field. The list is long but from professions such as accountant, airline pilot etc but we dont really come across people from such backgrounds like policeman, fireman, solicitor etc. So what are my options in this case ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:57 pm

Minister of religion, nurse, director of a ltd company etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kumar2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kumar2525 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:58 pm

Okay - I will give it a try - Much thanks for all the help :)