ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another 28 days question :)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Set (O) partner absence question

Post by domink27 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi,

Quick question and I rally appreciate your help.

Filling up my wife’s dependent ILR application and wondering about absences.

Her first BRP was issued in Apr 2017 through Apr 2020 and the second one was issued in July 2020 (Covid delayed extension). Obviously the second BRP was issued after 11 Jan 2018 so she does fall within the absence limits.

Question is, when I’m filling in absences are they all absences from 11/1/2018 or all absences from 20/7/2020 ie the date of issuance of the new BRP

Apologies if it’s a dumb question,

Thanks!

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Set (O) partner absence question

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:05 am

20/7/2020
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Re: Set (O) partner absence question

Post by domink27 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Another 28 days question :)

Post by domink27 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to check if anyone has applied based on 28 days from the earliest date out of a) BRP b) entry vignette and c) actual entry?

If so, did you get your ILR approved.

There are a lot of questions about this and a lot of responses from moderators saying go for the earliest of the 3 dates, but no one seems to follow up with their experience once they actually do apply.

Any actual info would be hugely helpful and I promise to update the forum once I do apply.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Another 28 days question :)

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:35 pm

Which one is used for the start of the qualifying period depends hugely on the visa category. it is not the same rule for all visa routes.

If this is regarding the Set o dependent application, please continue in your existing topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Post by domink27 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm

It’s a general question about Set O application timeslines, thanks.
Only tangentially connected to the dependent travel absences question asked earlier, so felt a separate post was fine - if unnecessary please feel free to delete
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Please keep all your questions about the same Set O application in one thread. It isn't necessary to start a new topic with each question.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

Most Set(O), particularly PBS & PBS Dependent routes start from initial visa start/issue date and this is repeated almost daily on the forum now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:54 pm

domink27 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:31 pm
Hi,

Just wanted to check if anyone has applied based on 28 days from the earliest date out of a) BRP b) entry vignette and c) actual entry?

If so, did you get your ILR approved.

There are a lot of questions about this and a lot of responses from moderators saying go for the earliest of the 3 dates, but no one seems to follow up with their experience once they actually do apply.

Any actual info would be hugely helpful and I promise to update the forum once I do apply.

Thanks!
It is not about what someone experiences. The Immigration rules and procedures are specific and you need to follow them. Our advice is given based on those. No need to wait for people to report their expirenecs.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Post by domink27 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:57 pm

Yes, thanks I appreciate that

I know the question is asked daily and answered by the mods daily, I’ve done an extensive search,

What we don’t get is replies from people that actually applied 28 days from the earliest visa date, which is what I was looking for - not further moderator confirmation.

If we have a few replies from people that applied and got their ILRs with dates, then maybe the daily posts will stop?

Anyway, if this post is not useful, feel free to delete

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:12 pm

Check the timeline for ILR confirmations. Again there is no reason to assume UKVI won't follow its own rules and procedures
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:44 pm

People post when things go wrong. This is usually the case for almost all forums.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.