ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Supporting Documents **Advice Needed**

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nick123999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Return of Supporting Documents **Advice Needed**

Post by nick123999 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:57 am

Hi all

I was wondering if you could give us some advice

My partner received her British passport on the 30th March and was told that her supporting documents would follow within two weeks (foreign passport and naturalization certificate). We moved out of the house on the 9th but had access to the house for another week so thought everything would be okay.

We have paid £5 extra for 'secure' delivery - although it seems they still put it through the letterbox anyway. We are able to get the documents once they have been delivered from the people now living in the house but I'm getting a little concerned as we are due to travel at the end of May and she needs her first passport as that is the country we are going to.

The passport office say the supporting documents left them on 31s March but TNT don't have anything on their systems yet although it should update once out for delivery they say.

I know really we should be changing the address with them but I'm worried that's going to cause a delay and we wont get the passport back till after we are due to travel. Does anyone know how long these things normally take - what would you do in our situation?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Return of Supporting Documents **Advice Needed**

Post by Ticktack » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:55 am

nick123999 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:57 am
Hi all

I was wondering if you could give us some advice

My partner received her British passport on the 30th March and was told that her supporting documents would follow within two weeks (foreign passport and naturalization certificate). We moved out of the house on the 9th but had access to the house for another week so thought everything would be okay. Unfortunately, it's never pinpoint accurate.

We have paid £5 extra for 'secure' delivery - although it seems they still put it through the letterbox anyway. Yeah, they'll likely do just that. We are able to get the documents once they have been delivered from the people now living in the house but I'm getting a little concerned as we are due to travel at the end of May and she needs her first passport as that is the country we are going to.End of May is ample time to get it back. Even though after 3 weeks of receiving new passport seems a bit excessive. You might want to consider calling TNT every other day moving forwards. Then everyday from 1st week in May.

The passport office say the supporting documents left them on 31s March but TNT don't have anything on their systems yet although it should update once out for delivery they say. Have you tried using the tracking option on the TNT website yourself?

I know really we should be changing the address with them but I'm worried that's going to cause a delay and we wont get the passport back till after we are due to travel. Does anyone know how long these things normally take - what would you do in our situation?Timeframe varies with TNT, they just take their jolly time. It's always worse when it's getting close to a planned travel.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nick123999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nick123999 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:26 am

Thanks for the reply.

would you feel comfortable booking tickets with that passport information for a flight at the beginning of June?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:00 pm

nick123999 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:26 am
Thanks for the reply.

would you feel comfortable booking tickets with that passport information for a flight at the beginning of June?
"In my opinion", except something crazy happens. June should be comfortable. But if it was me, and I necessarily had to travel, then I might call my embassy and ask for alternatives.
It might be in the form of a travel certificate to get me in country, and you come back to the UK with your British passport.
O if you country allows it, you get a visa on your British Passport and enter your country as a visitor. Some countries allow this, some don't.
Like I said, check with your embassy!
Or you just wait, hope and pray!

Please lets know how things pan out eventually.

Cheers,
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!