ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority Service for in-country ILR (10 year route) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reachkk
Newly Registered

Question around Previous VISA application

Post by reachkk » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:39 pm

Hello, I am applying for ILR via 10 year route. I entered UK in 2011 Nov via Tier2 ICT (4.5 years) VISA from India, and then then stayed here on Tier 2 ICT dependent (10 months) and finally switched to Tier 2 General VISA (5 years). I will complete 10 years in Apr 2022.
How do I answer this Q?

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

Is above answer for me YES?, If yes, then next Q is

Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had

What should I enter here BRP number?

Also, do I have to enter all the BRP numbers I previously had? As I got 1 year extension twice 2014, 2015

Thanks, appreciate your help.

reachkk
Newly Registered

Re: Question around Previous VISA application

Post by reachkk » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:32 pm

sorry, just to add that I did my MBA in the UK in 2009-2010 through a study VISA, but I travelled back to India and had a break more than 6 months before I returned back in 2011.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:20 pm

reachkk wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:39 pm
Hello, I am applying for ILR via 10 year route. I entered UK in 2011 Nov via Tier2 ICT (4.5 years) VISA from India, and then then stayed here on Tier 2 ICT dependent (10 months) and finally switched to Tier 2 General VISA (5 years). I will complete 10 years in Apr 2022. You have completed your 10y in Nov 2021. You don't need to wait until your current is about to expire, you can apply now!

How do I answer this Q?

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?Yes

Is above answer for me YES?, If yes, then next Q is

Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you hadTier 2 or if it is not there choose skilled worker, I assume you provided English level evident in your Tier 2 application.

What should I enter here BRP number?Tier 2 BRP

Also, do I have to enter all the BRP numbers I previously had? As I got 1 year extension twice 2014, 2015only Tier 2 one for this question

Thanks, appreciate your help.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

reachkk
Newly Registered

Post by reachkk » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:30 pm

Thanks a lot for your response @ywlgy, appreciate it

reachkk
Newly Registered

Post by reachkk » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:34 pm

Hello @ywlgy,

If I chose YES it does not ask me about my English qualification and any degree documents in my list of documents needed.

If I chose NO it asks me about my degree and asks me to submit my degree certificate, whats the right option for me?

Also, one more Q, I did my MBA in UK from Lancaster University, does that meet the English degree certificate criteria? Meaning I dont have to go through NARIC process?

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Choose Yes. The checklist doesn't ask for it because you have provided it in the previous application.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:36 am

reachkk wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:34 pm
Hello @ywlgy,

If I chose YES it does not ask me about my English qualification and any degree documents in my list of documents needed.

If I chose NO it asks me about my degree and asks me to submit my degree certificate, whats the right option for me?

Also, one more Q, I did my MBA in UK from Lancaster University, does that meet the English degree certificate criteria? Meaning I dont have to go through NARIC process?
You don't need to n as stated before you meet requirements
Thanks

reachkk
Newly Registered

Priority Service for in-country ILR (10 year route) application

Post by reachkk » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:32 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for settlement through 10 year route from within UK. When I reach payment option I get only the following option

Standard service : pay 2404.00 GBP, most people get a decision within 6 months of submitting their on-line application

I am not getting the option to pay £800 more for the priority service.

I want to know if I can get super priority service for settlement through 10 year route. Is the priority service available as I was told it wasnt available owing to UKBA resources being diverted to Ukraine VISA applications.

Appreciate your response.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Priority Service for in-country ILR (10 year route) application

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm

reachkk
Newly Registered

Post by reachkk » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:18 am

Continuing on this topic, I have made applications for me and family through priority service and I got appointments 2 weeks down the line after i logged in the application at 1 am in the morning over 2 days.

MY Question is I made 4 separate applications, but I want to communicate to the UKBA that these are part of same family. Is cover letter the best way to communicate that? Can anyone share a format of cover letter to convey that 4 applications made are part of family application?

Appreciate a response again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:54 am

If you have made 4 individual SET(LR) applications, they are all treated as individual and each person must pay the fee and priority fee for each individual application.

Set LR does not have a 'family application' concept. Each person must meet the requirements on their own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reachkk
Newly Registered

Post by reachkk » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:25 pm

Thanks CR001 for the reply.

We have made separate applications and paid for priority service for each of us. Each of us also meets the requirements individually as we all came into UK at same time in 2012.

My point being letting UKBA know (through the cover letter) that these 4 applications come from one family will just avoid risk of one application being rejected for some reason and strengthen our overall case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:31 pm

You can't do that as it makes no difference.

Each person has to meet the requirements on their own. If 3 do and 1 doesn't, the 1 will get a refusal.

There is nothing you can do to prevent this

Set LR is completely indvidual and has nothing to do with any other family applying on their own set LR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reachkk
Newly Registered

Post by reachkk » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:42 pm

Hello thanks for the response again.

I have reached the final stage of uploading docs. the consent form i have to fill, have a quick Q.

I am submitting my kids ILR application (10 year route). For the consent form, do I need to fill the following part of the consent form?

'PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor'

Appreciate your response

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:38 am

reachkk wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:42 pm
Hello thanks for the response again.

I have reached the final stage of uploading docs. the consent form i have to fill, have a quick Q.

I am submitting my kids ILR application (10 year route). For the consent form, do I need to fill the following part of the consent form?

'PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor'

Appreciate your response
No, if no 3rd party sponsor only state Not Applicable.