ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation problem for a dependent Tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edocohen
Newly Registered

Accommodation problem for a dependent Tier 1 visa

Post by edocohen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi All
some background info

I (a Colombian) have been in the UK since the first of November 2006. I was on an HSMP Visa for two years.
In July 2008 I got married with a non-EU woman.
In Sep 2008 I applied, in light of the High Court Judgment of April the 8th, successfully for an extension and got my Visa extended for 3 additional years as Tier 1 (general) Migrant.

I would like to bring my wife to the UK as my dependent.

My problem is as follows:

I have entered an "Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement" for the term of 6 months, starting 31/03/2008. Before the end of September, I agreed with the landlord, over the phone to "stay" at the apartment.

One of the clauses in the contract states as follows:
Upon the expiry of the initial term of this tenancy agreement, if not renewed, it is agreed that the tenancy shall continue as a monthly statutory periodic tenancy and the same terms and conditions of this agreement shall apply, unless stated otherwise by the landlord/landlord agents.

Would a reference to the above clause, in the letter supplied by the landlord for his approval of my wife's accommodation in the apartment, suffice? Or do I need to take up another tenancy contract with a new period of time into the future?
Any alternative solutions would be welcomed.

Thanks a lot

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 pm

It is best to take new contract from landlord. Also you need to add your partner name in this contract or add a clause that landlord won't have any objection for staying an extra member with you.
Hope this helps
Kaff

edocohen
Newly Registered

Post by edocohen » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:44 am

Thanks Kaff for your reply. It is certainly helpful.

I already took a new tenancy agreement with my wife's name on it as a joint tenant.
Do I still need a letter from the landlord? Just in case I am missing something.

Thanks a lot

edocohen