ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Peruvian girl: To join my german bf in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

teresa1
Newly Registered

Peruvian girl: To join my german bf in Ireland

Post by teresa1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:29 pm

Hello there,
First, I would like to say thanks to this forum and all of his contributors. It has given me already lots of useful information.
Now to my request: Me (Peruvian citizen) and my boyfriend (German citizen) are planning to live together in Ireland (My bf lives there). I already called the Irish embassy in Lima, they advised me that the best option would be a spouse visa. But there are still several open questions.
a) with D-spouse visa, can I work in Ireland full time?
b) We met initially in by internet and have just met once in person. Regarding to the embassy in Lima, the immigration office would require at least two face-to-face meetings. So would a second meeting in order to marry be enough? At least How many meetings are needed?
c) They also require a financial status of my boyfriend, what amount will be enough in bank, or as monthly wage of him, the rest he gets for his apartment in Germany will be accepted??
d) What would be the best possible option to meet for the marriage? As my boyfriend is busy at the moment, could I choose a tourist visa to get married in Ireland and extend it afterwards in order to get a permit to work?
e) And what about Directive 2004/38, on the right of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the EU Member States. Regarding to this information we wouldn’t possibly need all this hassle? http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/media/in ... dgment.pdf

I will be really thankful if somebody has been in similar situation and/or could give us some advice, any hints would be really appreciated, many thanks in advance.

cantaro

Re: Peruvian girl: To join my german bf in Ireland

Post by cantaro » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 am

teresa1 wrote:a) with D-spouse visa, can I work in Ireland full time?
I believe that, as long as you are not married, you cannot apply for a spouse visa.
teresa1 wrote:b) We met initially in by internet and have just met once in person. Regarding to the embassy in Lima, the immigration office would require at least two face-to-face meetings. So would a second meeting in order to marry be enough? At least How many meetings are needed?
The more contact, be it a meeting or through phone, internet, etc., you can prove, the better. In the end, a decision will typically be made on a case-by-case basis, meaning that no absolute number of contacts required can be specified.
teresa1 wrote:c) They also require a financial status of my boyfriend, what amount will be enough in bank, or as monthly wage of him, the rest he gets for his apartment in Germany will be accepted??
Same thing: the more, the better. I have no idea what is considered the minimum amount of finances one should have in Ireland; from personal experience, however, I can tell you that a monthly wage of €2,000 is barely enough for two people to live on in Dublin.
teresa1 wrote:d) What would be the best possible option to meet for the marriage? As my boyfriend is busy at the moment, could I choose a tourist visa to get married in Ireland and extend it afterwards in order to get a permit to work?
While this may be possible, it probably takes quite some time, as Irish residents have to register their intent to marry 90 days in advance, or something like that. I am sure other posters can advise you better on that. I would recommend getting married in another country, in your case either in Peru, as it is your home country, or in Denmark, where you can get a visa, your boyfriend can travel there without hassle, and you can get married after only a few days in the country. Afterwards you can go back to Ireland together, exercising EU treaty rights, and within a couple of days you will have started the EU1 process, received a temporary work permit, and be able to get a job.
teresa1 wrote:e) And what about Directive 2004/38, on the right of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the EU Member States. Regarding to this information we wouldn’t possibly need all this hassle? http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/media/in ... dgment.pdf
As long as you are not married, you are not a member of your boyfriend's family and thus not eligible to exercise EU treaty rights.

teresa1
Newly Registered

Post by teresa1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi Cantaro:

sorry for delay in saying thanks but we just see ur answer. You provided us useful info and good ideas, now we are finding out to follow ur advice. again thank u very much :))