ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Conansenshe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Incorrect name

Post by Conansenshe » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:53 am

Hi all
I've received my ceremony invitation later few days ago which I'm glad.
Sadly my sir name on the Home email and the council invitation letter is incorrect ( missing the last letter) could anyone advise me on what do do and how to correct the name. Is literally stressing me out nothing is straight forward at all.
I'd really appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Incorrect name

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:08 am

If your naturalisation certificate is incorrect then ask them to replace it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Conansenshe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Conansenshe » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:27 am

Thank you Vinny for your reply. This link is very useful.
However I haven't attended to my ceremony yet and so I haven't got naturalisation certificate.
The incorrect name is on the ceremony invitation from and the Home Office ceremony invitation letter. And I'm assuming everything will follow the incorrect name.

Is there's a way to correct before I attend the ceremony- my ceremony is booked 24th May.

Also what do you recommend if you know? Should I just leave it as it is for now and try to correct it after i receive the naturalisation certificate or try to do something now.

I just can't find any information or link or form to correct it at this stage.

Thank you very much for your help any anyone have a suggestion.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:45 am

Did you click on my first Link?
There have been members reporting errors in the letter and then the cert was correct.
It’s uncertain that the certificate will contain errors. I think that there are also some emails in that topic that you may try to ask. If an email contains ".gsi", then perhaps remove the ".gsi", as they no longer use that domain.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.