ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant to Skilled Worker

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhushanpradhan
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Dependant to Skilled Worker

Post by bhushanpradhan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:34 am

Hello,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Dependant (expiring on 14 Jun 2022) and am now switching to Tier 2 Skilled Worker.

I will be able to apply before my Visa expiry and may not get a decision on my application before my current Visa expires.

In this scenario - will I still be able to continue to work on my existing role and with my existing employee?

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant to Skilled Worker

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:43 am

So far an in time application is made, you retain all the rights you currently have till a decision is made on the new application.

bhushanpradhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhushanpradhan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:48 am

Thanks. I am aware this rule applies when you are Extending a visa but in my case I am switching Visas (from dependant to skilled worker). Will this still apply? So since I had the right work as a dependant, that right will continue until I get a decision?

Can you please confirm?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:01 am

The rule applies to anyone regardless of extsnsion or visa switch if an application is made before current visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.