ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:33 pm

10.000 Application @ EUR 950,-
That's nearly 10 Million that the dep of justice are going to try to make asap. we will see a huge improvement in the next few months, cus there's a huge gap that the government want to fill..
This is not about offering us a better service..It's all about the money.
But I don't really mind as long as my aplication gets processed fast.
I applied in Feb. 2008, and the way things are going at the moment I'm very confident that I will get an appoval before the end of 2009.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 am

Applications for naturalisation received in July 2006 are currently being processed.

[/code]

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am

Fionn wrote:10.000 Application @ EUR 950,-
That's nearly 10 Million that the dep of justice are going to try to make asap. we will see a huge improvement in the next few months, cus there's a huge gap that the government want to fill..
does not make any sence from my point of view:
they will loose money for INIS stamps+visas - roughly €500 from family 2 adults IN A YEAR... ( I am not talking about Irish spouses-maybe this is a reason, why their application in a fast queu-they do not pay for stamps and visas anyway...)
also when people will receive irish citizenship they will feel free to apply for social benefits....

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Since when do things in the DOJ make sense :)
Not sure about the benefits..They won't give the citizenship if they have any doubt that you'de be claiming benefits soon..
Don't forget that they will also charge you for the new passports...
I think they're underpressure to bring in a certain amount of money

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 pm

they won't think that far ahead..they think about the money that they want to make it now..

I applied in march 2006, no decision yet, but they are now processing from july 2006, processing means that they cleared up the dust from your applicaton, but just not read it yet, they never use word completion, they only know the word start processing....

Welcome to Ireland...

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 pm

TRV wrote:they won't think that far ahead..they think about the money that they want to make it now..

I applied in march 2006, no decision yet, but they are now processing from july 2006, processing means that they cleared up the dust from your applicaton, but just not read it yet, they never use word completion, they only know the word start processing....

Welcome to Ireland...
I have applied in March 06 too, rang them last week, they said that they are waiting for Clearance letter from Garda, how long this might take - they dont have any control over....
I wonder how come some people who applied in 2007 are getting approval ? This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:44 pm

EBS wrote:
TRV wrote:they won't think that far ahead..they think about the money that they want to make it now..

Welcome to Ireland...
I have applied in March 06 too, rang them last week, they said that they are waiting for Clearance letter from Garda, how long this might take - they dont have any control over....
I wonder how come some people who applied in 2007 are getting approval ? This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't hear of anyone applied in 2007 of citizenship based on 5 years residency and got it.

I am not sure even, if they already got back to people applied on late 2005.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:39 am

Received the letter for additional details.
Application basis: 5 year work permits
Ack letter recd in: Aug 2006
Second letter recd in: Nov 06
Addition doc request recd in : Nov 06

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:59 am

Hi guys ,
today i receaved letter from DOJ informing me that my application for naturalisation has been approved .It arrived by registered mail and i felt so calm signing the receipt , as i knew what was in the mail .
so for your curiosity .
i applied in june 2005 on basis of working and living in ireland for 5 years . i am not married to irish nor do i have contacts with TDs etc . i have no driving offences etc . i worked all the time and never applied for any state benefits . paid my taxes in time .
i receaved acknowlidgement from DOJ with reference number in august 2005 .Stayed put and never followed up with it nor sent any p 21 after that . In august 2008 exactly three years later receaved letter from DOJ asking for birth affidevit which i submitted three weeks later . i also sent in my marriage cert because i got married to non eu meanwhile .I sent in the english translation to which the asked for orignal language cert and bank statement for previous three months . i sentt all with p60( which the didnt ask. i sent in bankstatement print from internet banking , they responded asking for bank statemnet on bank paper which i submitted 10 15 october 2008 .

and today on 7 nov 2008 got letter of approval . so that makes it total time of 3 years ansd three months which is in line with the first post on page one of this blog . so there you go . it is still 3 years 3 months for ordinary joes like me .

any way can some one tell me how to get numbers for district courts outside dublin?

flabb2
Newly Registered

general Courts site

Post by flabb2 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 pm

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:20 pm

unbilevable . the earlies appointment in dublin is 19th march 2008 . tried few other but they say they only do locals . can any one tell me if the are from dublin and did the declaration outside dublin ,

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi "last man standing"

The only other user I've heard that used a District Court outside Dublin is the user "bloody foreigner" but I've contacted him and I've got no answer.

Regards,

Mendo
________
MARIJUANA
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:17 pm

last man standing: Congratulations on your approval!!!

Some people in other posts have commented they got an appointment in a court outside Dublin. But it looks like they live outside Dublin.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:19 pm

last man standing wrote:Hi guys ,
today i receaved letter from DOJ informing me that my application for naturalisation has been approved .It arrived by registered mail and i felt so calm signing the receipt , as i knew what was in the mail .
so for your curiosity .
i applied in june 2005 on basis of working and living in ireland for 5 years . i am not married to irish nor do i have contacts with TDs etc . i have no driving offences etc . i worked all the time and never applied for any state benefits . paid my taxes in time .
i receaved acknowlidgement from DOJ with reference number in august 2005 .Stayed put and never followed up with it nor sent any p 21 after that . In august 2008 exactly three years later receaved letter from DOJ asking for birth affidevit which i submitted three weeks later . i also sent in my marriage cert because i got married to non eu meanwhile .I sent in the english translation to which the asked for orignal language cert and bank statement for previous three months . i sentt all with p60( which the didnt ask. i sent in bankstatement print from internet banking , they responded asking for bank statemnet on bank paper which i submitted 10 15 october 2008 .

and today on 7 nov 2008 got letter of approval . so that makes it total time of 3 years ansd three months which is in line with the first post on page one of this blog . so there you go . it is still 3 years 3 months for ordinary joes like me .

any way can some one tell me how to get numbers for district courts outside dublin?
hi

just wondering. did they ask you for the birth affidevit with bank statements OR they asked for the marriage cert with bank statements after you submitted your birth affidevit?

thx

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm

thanks guys. i hope every one gets the approval in time . i think its just a matter of time .

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:22 pm

The just asked for birth affedevit first . They asked for bank statements after i declared that i got married and send them marriage cert.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:34 pm

last man standing wrote:unbilevable . the earlies appointment in dublin is 19th march 2008 . tried few other but they say they only do locals . can any one tell me if the are from dublin and did the declaration outside dublin ,
Congratulations last man standing and thank you for updating us, really appreciated.

In relation to the courts, just occurred to me, actually if the ones outside dublin deal with only the locals then maybe you can move outside dublin for a while and get it done there quicker? just an idea... though you need to update your address info and put up with the moving hassle... Though the 19th march is also well too late :(... it's worth to try ?
regards, AI.

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Congratulations Last Man Standing, good work! Now dont worry too much abt the court yet, just go n have a good time. thanks for the info!

Alishah

Hello All

Post by Alishah » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:11 am

Can someone answer my questions.

I move in to UK on July 2008 basis. Five year work permit. What dates I need to remember in order to obtain nationality. I mean if can you tell when to apply for ILR and Nuterlization etc.

Thanks
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

Dublin1

Re: Hello All

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Alishah wrote:Can someone answer my questions.

I move in to UK on July 2008 basis. Five year work permit. What dates I need to remember in order to obtain nationality. I mean if can you tell when to apply for ILR and Nuterlization etc.

Thanks
I am not sure I understand your question

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Are there any other people here who applied in 2005 and are still awaiting a decision on their naturalisation application approval?

I applied in Nov 2005 and am still waiting.
I checked with DoJ in early October this year and was told "no decision has been made yet. I will be informed in due course of time".

just wanted to find out if there are others in the same boat as me.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:00 pm

strongbow wrote:Are there any other people here who applied in 2005 and are still awaiting a decision on their naturalisation application approval?

I checked with DoJ in early October this year and was told "no decision has been made yet. I will be informed in due course of time".

I know friend of mine applied at the same time and still didn't got it.
They asked him for extra documents Last June and he sent it over on July.
And he still waiting.

burbero
Newly Registered

Post by burbero » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:32 pm

strongbow wrote:Are there any other people here who applied in 2005 and are still awaiting a decision on their naturalisation application approval?

I'm in the same situation, Strongbow. Applied in November 2005, got request for the standard additional package of docs to send (marriage/birth affidavits, payslips, etc.) - end of May, 2008. No news since then.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Alishah wrote:Can someone answer my questions.

Thanks
I'm not sure I understand your question. But I think you would like to apply for naturalisation in the UK. If that's the case, please refer to the UK forums on this site.

This particular forum is about naturalisation in the Republic of Ireland.

Hope this helps...

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:34 pm

Alishah wrote:I mean if can you tell when to apply for ILR and Nuterlization etc.
Nuterlization? I think a vet may be the best person to go to.. :lol:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.