ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker - Employer Change and IHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ska_abbas

Skilled Worker - Employer Change and IHS

Post by ska_abbas » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi there,

I am currently on Skilled worker visa in the UK, which was sponsored by my current employer. The certificate of sponsorship is valid till 08 Nov 2024 and my BRP expires on 21 Nov 2024.

I have now found a new job with another employer and I am in the process of getting my visa updated. I wanted to understand how the IHS works in this regard:

1) if my new employer issues me a three-year or a five-year sponsorship, do I just need to pay IHS after 08 Nov 2024 till my CoS expires or do I pay the complete amount for this new visa?

2) if I pay the full amount (624 X 3 or 5 years), does my existing IHS gets refunded? Do I need to initiate the refund process? Would it be refunded against the card I used when I applied for it from back home, how does the refund work

3) To make it easier, should I ask my new employer to issue me a CoS until 08 Nov 2024, and then issue me another after that?

Really appreciate your advice.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled Worker - Employer Change and IHS

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:01 pm

1. You pay IHS for the duration of the new CoS, regardless of the IHS you paid previously.

2. You can ask for a refund, but no guarantee you will get one and yes, it is refunded to the card you used to pay for it.

3. You will still have to pay IHS for the duration of the new CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:05 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is it not possible to use my existing IHS reference number if my new CoS is valid until 08 Nov 2024 (expiry date of current CoS)? Isn't there any way for the system to check this?

Why did you say it is not guaranteed that IHS will be refunded?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:11 pm

Is it not possible to use my existing IHS reference number if my new CoS is valid until 08 Nov 2024 (expiry date of current CoS)?
No.
Isn't there any way for the system to check this?
You cannot use a IHS ref you have used before. You need to pay again. Not paying will only delay your application.
Why did you say it is not guaranteed that IHS will be refunded?
You can request one, but you might not get one.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.