ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire 2 Skilled worker visa Extension submission

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Tire 2 Skilled worker visa Extension submission

Post by vmathew24 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi,

I am working as a nurse in tire 2 visa , my visa is valid until 28-9-2022. Due to maternity resaon I am planing to travel to my home country at the end of June. My question is can I submit my visa extension application before 90days. I have checked in the UKVI site and its shows we can only submit the application before 90days of my visa expiry. As I need to travel before 90days is there any chance to submit the application. If any one in this forum have gone through this same situation please help & guide me.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tire 2 Skilled worker visa Extension submission

Post by ywlgy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:26 pm

You will need a new CoS from your employer for the extension. The advice is given because the CoS will usually have the work start date set at the day after your current visa expiry date and you can only apply 90 days before the CoS work start date. If you want to apply earlier, ask your employer to put an earlier work start date on CoS, let's say 27 July then you can even apply now.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tire 2 Skilled worker visa Extension submission

Post by vmathew24 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:18 pm

Thanks you very much for the update, I will contact my employer for the new COS. :)