ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK standard visa application checklist documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanadyz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

UK standard visa application checklist documents

Post by hanadyz » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:59 pm

Hello there. I recently applied for standard uk visa (6 months), I uploaded all the necessary documents in the application checklist and attended my biometric appointment.
One of the documents requested in the checklist is: invitation from the family member to come to the UK and evidence of their permission to be in the UK.
Actually, I forgot to upload that evidence (it could be their BRP, enrollment letter in their university, or so).
What would be the situation in this case? Will I receive a non straight forward mail or things will go naturally requesting this document to be sent by mail (Undergo their Evidenial flexibility rules) and receive my visa within the standard times?
Thank you for your help.

htc_123
Pakistan

Re: UK standard visa application checklist documents

Post by htc_123 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:32 pm

I have previously applied (and did get the visa) without submitting proof of friend who I was visiting in the UK (however, that person was British citizen by birth so I am not sure if it is different for someone on ILR/Other visas).

Case worker in your case may contact the person, it all depends. Is this your first visit?

hanadyz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by hanadyz » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:54 pm

Yes it is my first visit and I provided an invitation letter from my family member stating that they are studying in the university of Liverpool with their contact details (email address and UK phone number).

hanadyz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by hanadyz » Tue May 03, 2022 4:10 pm

I contacted ukvi and they replied:

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

After you have attended the biometric appointment, you cannot upload any documents unless it has requested by the approval section.

So, does this guarantee that there will be contact when they need this document?
Do you suggest any other way to provide it?
Or, should I wait till they officially contact me and undergo evidential flexibility rules?

I could not emphasis more that I need this visa application to be granted, and not subjected to cases where the decision is unfair. Thank you.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue May 03, 2022 6:54 pm

There is no way to provide additional documents after appointment. They will contact you if it is needed.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.