ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Healthcare worker's spouse visa extension when original applicant got ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John3293
Mood:
India

Healthcare worker's spouse visa extension when original applicant got ILR

Post by John3293 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:39 pm

At the outset, special thanks to the amazing people here first- Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push!

My question on extending my dependant visa as my wife (the main applicant, who is a healthcare worker) is expected to get her ILR next month and my visa expiring on 16 July 2022.

I came to the UK on 19.08.2019 and completed just 2 years and 10 months and hence I need to renew my visa shortly after her getting her ILR.

Please could you help me with the following questions?

1. Which form should I use?

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... anner=true

This one?

2. When they're asking for the sponsor details for my wife, we don't have a CoS as she must be getting an ILR. So, what should I do here? Can I just mention CoS less than 3 years?

3. When they ask for the UAN / GWF, is it okay if I give her GWF number instead?

4. Should I be required to pay the IHS?

It would be great if you can help me with this.

J

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Healthcare worker's spouse visa extension when original applicant got ILR

Post by ywlgy » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:57 pm

1. Correct.
2. Use her last CoS. Choose CoS less than 3 years.
3. Use her ILR's UAN.
4. It depends if she's eligible for Health and Care visa (her employer can advise this). There will be a question asking this. If you choose yes, no IHS. If no, 3 year IHS payable.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:52 pm

Thank you so much for the swift response.

I'd like to ask one more question -

My wife is planning to give birth to our baby in India after getting the Indefinite leave to remain.

1. In this case, which visa should we be applying for?
2. Also will IHS be applicable?
3. Can the child apply for ILR directly instead?

To be specific - she's getting her ILR through healthcare worker visa and she's a registered nurse.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:24 pm

1. Same visa category as you, dependent visa

2. Possibly.

3. No, the child will follow the same immigration route as you. However, if your wife has ilr and the child is born in the UK, the child will be British automatically and can apply directly for a British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:20 pm

Thanks guys..

I did apply for my visa extension. I did my ID check using Verify.Gov.Uk app. I had given my dentists details and GP details once I visited them for a short illness. After this, they just asked me two evidences to submit.

1. Utility bill with my name and my wife's name.
2. Proof of payment of medical expenses.

I submitted these and clicked on submit evidences button.

My queries-

A) Is this all I need to submit?

B) Now my wife need to give her biometrics with VFS for her Indefinite Leave to Remain application. And we could manage to get an appointment only on the 23rdof this month. Will it affect my visa extension because both our visas are due to expire on July 16, 2022.