ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for child's citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Referee for child's citizenship application

Post by peakdis » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:44 am

Hi,

We are preparing documents for registering our daughter as a British citizen. As to our understanding, she needs two referees, and the first needs to be her teacher or doctor/health visitor. However, she doesn't go to any nursery and thus has no teacher. The doctor refused as they don't want to reveal their personal details.

Do you have any suggestions of what we should do now? Can we ask a friend who is a university staff (but not her teacher) to be her first referee?

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Referee for child's citizenship application

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:53 pm

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:15 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:53 pm
See also Guidance.
Thank you. What kind of evidence do we need to prove that we have tried?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:17 am

If a potential referee refused in writing, then attach a copy. Else, if verbal, then I guess just declare it?

I think they may just ask you to find other referees if your chosen ones are not acceptable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:46 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:17 am
If a potential referee refused in writing, then attach a copy. Else, if verbal, then I guess just declare it?

I think they may just ask you to find other referees if your chosen ones are not acceptable.
Thank you. We have submitted the application. The website asks us to download a 3-page family consent form to sign. This form is not included in the document checklist. I'm confused about how we could sign this form?

The form contains three parts "PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information", "PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information" and "PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor"

As our child is too small to sign, how should we sign the first part? Should my wife and I sign the second and third parts separately?

Thank you.

helloiamagile
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by helloiamagile » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:47 pm

Hi @peakdis - Did you get any update on your child's application?
I have just applied for my child's this week and I'm keen to know how your child's application is progressing.
I have noticed that the child's consent is needed only when they are applying on their own, otherwise it's not necessary. I'm sure you may have realised that.