ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen leaving the state and non-EU wants to retain rights - Cheenchooliah?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madakaczka
Newly Registered
Poland

EU citizen leaving the state and non-EU wants to retain rights - Cheenchooliah?

Post by madakaczka » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:35 pm

Hi there folks,

I hope we are all doing great.

I am writing to you all with a question. My wife is a non-EU citizen and resides here with me in Ireland for the last 2 years. She has her 5 year residence card and she has a great job (over 70k gross per year working in tech - I think this might be quite relevant to my question).

Due to work I might have to emigrate on a permanent basis as I am finding it very difficult to progress my career in my field of study.

Has there been a change in law with regards to the Chenchooliah ruling? Is there a short answer on how this would affect my wife's residence permit should I leave Ireland and work in a different EU country?

I know that before, there were 3 conditions which would allow for the retention of residence permit either death, retention based on kids or divorce. In this case, none of these apply as we love each other dearly and want to stay married. *surprise surprise*.

Has the recent ruling of Chenchooliah vs Justice minister had an impact on how these cases are assesed?

Appreciate all the responses!
Thanks,
madakaczka