ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visit Visa from Canada without TB certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gre.bm691

Standard Visit Visa from Canada without TB certificate

Post by gre.bm691 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Hello
I am trying to get some clarity around the TB certificate requirement. I want to apply a Standard UK Visit Visa for my parents, who are currently on a Temporary long term residence visa in Canada.

Though I have filled in the application for a 2 year period, they do not intend to (and cannot legally)stay here for more than 6months. As per the website, https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa, you only need it if you are visiting for more than 6 months. Further, they have only been in Canada for 3 months. They would definitely have been exempted had they been there for more than 6 months.

Even if we wanted to get a test done, the problem is that there is no UKVI approved TB test centre out there in Canada.

Please advice.
- Should I only apply for 6months visa? That will mean I will need to cancel my application and the appointment, which is due next week and start the process all over!
- Are they exempted from the TB test as they won't be staying for 6months?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard Visit Visa from Canada without TB certificate

Post by CR001 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:04 pm

TB Test is NOT required for visitor visas, regardless of the length you are applying for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.