ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Really worried now about Luas fine - 45 €

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GardropFuat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Really worried now about Luas fine - 45 €

Post by GardropFuat » Sun May 01, 2022 7:38 pm

Hello there people I hope you are well...

As the subject title stands, I paid 45 euros luas fine for nothing; I had no idea about the "90 minutes" rule, the ticket was supposed to be tag-on and I just top up the card today. (I thought I used it properly)
Of course, the ticket inspector explained the situation and I paid immediately to avoid further problems. (He was empathetic and immigrant too, told me "The moment you pay you won't face any issue. Please don't worry).

I searched online and many people say this is totally fine, nothing to worry about. I just wanted to ask what do you think? Will it be a problem for the future when I apply for citizenship/passport?

Regards...

Emu1990
Ireland

Re: Really worried now about Luas fine - 45 €

Post by Emu1990 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:06 pm

No issue if u pay ..

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sun May 01, 2022 9:01 pm

When you apply for citizenship just mention about the fine and add proof that you paid for the fine and it will be all good.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:20 pm

Luas fine is not police or criminal related. Why the heck would you be obliged to refer to it in your citizenship application?

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon May 02, 2022 3:09 pm

I wouldn't even mention this on a citizenship application honestly...I know you need to report everything but sometimes people go overboard honestly. I know someone who was fined by Irish Rail and didn't pay it and it went to court and they paid it on the day in court to avoid any further penalty. This I would report. If you paid the fine right away it isn't criminal and I wouldn't put it on a citizenship application.