ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa application document

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

londonphd

Visitor visa application document

Post by londonphd » Tue May 03, 2022 6:27 pm

Hello all,
Maybe someone has experienced the situtaion I am in right now.
I am a naturalised British citizen (dual national), and I've recently applied for my first British passport, but have not yet received it. I guess it may take a little longer given the reported backlog of passport applications.

I am sponsoring my mom to visit my family in London. I filled out the online visitor visa applciation form on behalf of my mother. I indicated that the sponsor (me) is a British citizen. However, I do not have a British passport yet. Thus, can I submit the scanned copy of my Certificate of Naturalisation as a British Citizen in support of my mom's application? In other words, as I do not have a British passport yet, would my certificate of naturalisation be an acceptable (substitute) document in this case?
Many thanks.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa application document

Post by ywlgy » Tue May 03, 2022 6:52 pm

I believe the checklist asks for "evidence of sponsor's immigration status in the UK", then your certificate is a valid evidence.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

londonphd

Re: Visitor visa application document

Post by londonphd » Tue May 03, 2022 8:18 pm

Thanks ywlgy