ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting Passport Supporting Docs after 4 weeks

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ben1989
United States of America

Awaiting Passport Supporting Docs after 4 weeks

Post by Ben1989 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:27 pm

Hi all.

Received British passport for my daughter over 4 weeks ago. She is dual citizen so submitted her American passport as part of the application.

We travel to America in just two weeks and we’re STILL waiting for her passport back (supporting docs). I call up, I get generic responses from people in the call centre. I paid for TNT secure delivery and the ‘system’ says the docs were sent 6th April but have no tracking details etc.

What can I do?

Also, can you travel to USA on a British passport as a citizen?

TIA

Ben1989
United States of America

Re: Awaiting Passport Supporting Docs after 4 weeks

Post by Ben1989 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 am

It's been 5 weeks now.

How are supporting documents sent back? I paid for secure delivery but not sure if that applies to passport, supporting documents or both? Can anybody clarify?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Mon May 09, 2022 12:53 pm

Ben1989 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 am
It's been 5 weeks now.

How are supporting documents sent back? I paid for secure delivery but not sure if that applies to passport, supporting documents or both? Can anybody clarify?
Passport delivery is by default secured. If you paid £5, your supporting docs will come via secured delivery as well. It can be TNT or Royal Mail. Current wait times are 4 weeks. Just received our child's documents. Application approved 8Apr.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:53 am

mesn wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:53 pm
Ben1989 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 am
It's been 5 weeks now.

Passport delivery is by default secured. If you paid £5, your supporting docs will come via secured delivery as well. It can be TNT or Royal Mail. Current wait times are 4 weeks. Just received our child's documents. Application approved 8Apr.
I received my passport on the 4th April. So earlier than you and that's physically receiving the passport, not just application approved. So over 5 weeks since receiving the passport now. :x :cry:

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:50 pm

My British passport was received on April 9.

After 5 weeks of waiting I decided to write my MP and magically I received an email from Royal Mail saying that I am expecting a delivery from HMPO.

A bit pissed as I paid the extra £5 yet they’re going to deliver with RM but I’m just happy this whole citizenship/passport thing is coming to a real end.

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:30 pm

Thank you.

Who did your MP email as I've emailed my MP and they've had no response from the home office.

Any advice would be appreciated as travelling next week and will be unable to travel the passport in the supporting documents.