ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biggshot
Newly Registered

SET (M) query

Post by biggshot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:51 pm

I have a query regarding the 6 letters of proof required for form SET(M). Most of the letters in joint names (from council, British Gas etc) state my wife's name as Mrs. <My Last Name> and the letter from my mortgage company states her name as Miss. <Maiden name>

She has not changed her name on her passport yet.

Would that cause a problem?

I have enough letters over the 2 years in our individual names which I can send. Should I include those as well?

Thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Would that cause a problem?
No.
I have enough letters over the 2 years in our individual names which I can send. Should I include those as well?
Yes.

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Is it necessary to include a letter stating the conflict in name?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Is it necessary to include a letter stating the conflict in name?
I wouldn't worry too much about the conflict in the name. When I applied to the spouse visa (after 3 years of marriage) all my wife's documents are stated as Miss rather than Mrs. Its not a big deal really.