ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Visa extension application cover letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

Visa extension application

Post by CHOMALN » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Hi Guys,

My husband had UK Tier2 General work visa (3 years or less), Myself and my son joined him as PBS dependant (3 years or less) in 2020. Last year my husband got his ILR and now I need to extend my dependent visa since the visa expiry is on 24 May. To become eligible for ILR, I need the visa for 3.5 years. I have few queries regarding this situation:

1. Can any one please share the correct application link for me and my son?
2. Initially I was eligible for PBS dependant 3 years or less visa but now since my husband got his ILR can I choose 5 years or less option or still I have to opt for 3 years or less?

thank you

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Visa extension application

Post by ywlgy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:13 pm

Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk

You may be able to add child into the your application. If not, create a separate one for child using below

Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

The extension will be for non-negotiable 3 years. If you need 3.5 years to qualify ILR, you need two extensions (3+3).
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa extension documents query

Post by CHOMALN » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:18 pm

Hello,

Please would it be possible for anyone to provide a template for the following:

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa extension documents query

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:20 pm

CHOMALN wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:18 pm
Hello,

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period.

Thank you
There is no 'template'. Any letter simply needs to state the facts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa extension documents query

Post by CHOMALN » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:25 pm

Hello,

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Do not spam the sub forums with multiple duplicate topics please. There is no template letter!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visa extension application

Post by CHOMALN » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:35 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:13 pm
Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk

You may be able to add child into the your application. If not, create a separate one for child using below

Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

The extension will be for non-negotiable 3 years. If you need 3.5 years to qualify ILR, you need two extensions (3+3).

hi,

Thank you for your reply...
Would it be possible for you to provide the list of documents needed for the same.
I am filling it up it is asking me first to pay for health surcharge and then upload documents.
In my understanding it will ask for passports,BRPs,marriage certificate,birth certificate of child,address proof and bank statements...Anything else?

thank you

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:35 pm

The checklist will tell you what to submit.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependant Visa extension application cover letter

Post by CHOMALN » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:42 pm

hello,

My husband got his ILR recently where as myself and my son are on PBS dependant visa (tier 2). our visas are going to expire in May 2022 and we are planning for extension of our dependants visas.I have few questions regarding that:
1. In the cover letter how should I mention my husband status, as Tier 2 skilled worker or ILR (because we are applying for extension of our dependant visa I am not sure how should I proceed)
2. What should we mention as a subject whether it should be PBS entry clearance dependant visa or it should be extension of PBS dependant visa?

For example let us say this is the format of cover letter

Sub :Application for extension of dependant visa. (is it right?)

I am writing in connection with this to support myself and my son’s Dependant visa extension application under the sponsorship of my husband xxxx.(is it ok??)
Husband visa status : ??????

Please help me and advise me..

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Visa extension application cover letter

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:50 pm

You do not need a cover a cover letter. UKVI have his full immigration history and yours. All the information UKVI need is what you complete in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

Post by CHOMALN » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 am

Thank you very much just one more follow up question...I have submitted the application and uploaded the evidence but there was no option for booking an appoinment for me whereas for my son's application that option came.
After uploading evidnece the only message I got was this : You have submitted evidence to support your application for Dependant Partner.We will look at the evidence and review your application. We may contact you if we need more information.We will contact you with the decision on your application.

Is it normal procedure if you apply from (inside) UK??

thank you
Neha

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:06 pm

CHOMALN wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 am
Thank you very much just one more follow up question...I have submitted the application and uploaded the evidence but there was no option for booking an appoinment for me whereas for my son's application that option came.
After uploading evidnece the only message I got was this : You have submitted evidence to support your application for Dependant Partner.We will look at the evidence and review your application. We may contact you if we need more information.We will contact you with the decision on your application.

Is it normal procedure if you apply from (inside) UK??

thank you
Neha
Did you use the UK Immigration: ID Check app when applying? If so you don't need to attend appointment. Child cannot use the app so has to attend appointment.

CHOMALN
Newly Registered
India

Post by CHOMALN » Sun May 01, 2022 4:21 pm

Yes,I did use the app, thank you so much...

wanderer_007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wanderer_007 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:12 am

Hi ,

I am on a similar journey, but i am trying to switch to my spouse's skilled worker visa as a PBS dependent (I am currently on Skilled worker but my job contract is over , hence switching).

May I know what documents can be submitted as evidence please?

I am also unable to see the option to book an appointment , is that normal? How long would it take to get a result?

Thanks,

wanderer_007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wanderer_007 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:56 pm

A minor addition in the above post - I am using the UK Immigration: ID Check app route.
Just confirming that no appointment is needed in this case.

Also submitted - utility bills (on both our names), rental agreement, passport, BRP, spouse COS, Bank balance screenshots etc. as evidence. Would this suffice?