ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family visa additional documents required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Family visa finance documents

Post by SharmaD16 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:13 pm

Hello there,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

I hold ILR and I am making "Appendix FM Partner" application for my wife from outside the UK application(India).

Although I have submitted the application, I have not made the VFS appointment yet and I have a few questions regarding the following question in the application

Are they a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK? - Answered Yes since I am still the director of the company which I used when I did contracting.

Evidence as directed by Appendix FM-SE for a director or a non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK - The list is too long and most of the documents might not be available/empty since there is no activity in the company in last 1 year

Employment history
Until March 2021 - Income via a limited company where I am the director.
Apr 21 to Sep 21 - Income via Umbrella company as an employee
Oct 21 to current - Income via full-time employment

Q1 - Since I am using the funds from full-time employment to prove the financial requirement of above £18500, should I still provide the additional documents from Appendix FM-SE for a director?

Q2 - Would it be acceptable to provide all payslips for 12 months and just not provide director documents?

Q3 - If there is no other way, would it be a good idea to cancel the application, ask for a refund and then make a new application by answering 'No' to the original question given I am not using funds from a limited company to prove?

Any suggestion would be very helpful/

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Family visa finance documents

Post by SharmaD16 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:08 am

Hello there.

Anyone who can help me with this please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 01, 2022 8:08 pm

SharmaD16 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:13 pm
Hello there,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

I hold ILR and I am making "Appendix FM Partner" application for my wife from outside the UK application(India).

Although I have submitted the application, I have not made the VFS appointment yet and I have a few questions regarding the following question in the application

Are they a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK? - Answered Yes since I am still the director of the company which I used when I did contracting.

Evidence as directed by Appendix FM-SE for a director or a non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK - The list is too long and most of the documents might not be available/empty since there is no activity in the company in last 1 year

Employment history
Until March 2021 - Income via a limited company where I am the director.
Apr 21 to Sep 21 - Income via Umbrella company as an employee
Oct 21 to current - Income via full-time employment

Q1 - Since I am using the funds from full-time employment to prove the financial requirement of above £18500, should I still provide the additional documents from Appendix FM-SE for a director? You could have said NO and explain in a cover letter that you are a director but the income you relying is from employment.

Q2 - Would it be acceptable to provide all payslips for 12 months and just not provide director documents? it appears you have been employed for 6 months, you only need to provide 6 months payslips.

Q3 - If there is no other way, would it be a good idea to cancel the application, ask for a refund and then make a new application by answering 'No' to the original question given I am not using funds from a limited company to prove? You can still write a cover letter to explain the situation.

Any suggestion would be very helpful/
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:51 pm

Thank you @todmatt. I will write cover letter with existing application.

Meanwhile, may I know why you said only 6 months payslip is enough ?

sohail111
United Kingdom

Post by sohail111 » Wed May 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Because the non-director route (i.e. full time employment) only requires 6 months of wages which you seem to have.

If you have this, this supersedes any contracting you did earlier or the fact you are a director of a company which at the moment doesnt have a lot of activity (and thus you are not using this route to meet the requirement, which requires more information)

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Family visa additional documents required

Post by SharmaD16 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:03 pm

Hello there,

My wife has applied for the family visa (Appendix FM) few months ago. I hold ILR since last few years. Today UKVI has sent an email asking for the following 2 documents
  • Documentation of current living arrangements i.e tenancy agreement.
  • Any relationship evidence i.e. photos, messages.
I used to live in shared rental accommodation when I was in the UK earlier this year. But now I am in India and there is no accommodation or rental place in the UK. The plan is for us to go to the UK after the visa arrives and then find accommodation. While making the application I provided my friend's house as the UK address since it made sense at that time. (I used his address which was rented at that point and now he has bought a new house)

Question 1: What should I provide as proof for the first document the UKVI has asked for since there is no tenancy agreement in my name?

Question 2: I have provided the marriage certificate (in English) as proof which has a photo attached, but they have asked again. I am not sure what else I have to provide.

Can anyone help me with these 2 questions, please?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Family visa additional documents required

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:28 pm

Q1 you are required to provide evidence that you have adequate accommodation.

Q2 you need to submit evidence of your subsisting relationship such as photos and messages etc. Marriage certificate is not sufficient on its own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:09 am

Thanks @CR001

1. Is the invitation letter from my friend stating we both will stay there until we find permanent accommodation sufficient (along with his property deed/ownership document) ? Or is it a better option to book 1 month's hotel accommodation?

2. Thanks for clarifying this. I will add photos and screenshots of messages.

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi @CR001/anyone available,

Are the above 2 documents sufficient? can someone confirm please

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:32 pm

SharmaD16 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:09 am
Thanks @CR001

1. Is the invitation letter from my friend stating we both will stay there until we find permanent accommodation sufficient (along with his property deed/ownership document) ? Or is it a better option to book 1 month's hotel accommodation?I'll be very blunt, it isn't enough. The requirement is that you're living in the UK and want your spouse to join you. Not that you're both migrating in from outside.
You're making their denial very easy for them.

2. Thanks for clarifying this. I will add photos and screenshots of messages.
How else can you evidence that you both wouldn't become a problem for them when you enter the UK.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Thanks TickTack

I understand what you mean, I have maintained my residential status as UK resident. Its just that I haven't stayed in last 6 months since the current visa timelines are very unpredictable.

Can you suggest what is other option I have in this scenario please

I can think of
1. Booking airbnb/hotel for 1 or 3 months and use the booking receipt.
2. Get into sublet agreement with my friend at his own house and use that rental agreement along with landlord / ownership proof.
3. Book online for a flat immediately if any agency allow without being in person.
4. Last case is to Travel to UK immediately, book rental flat and then use the proof

It would really help if anyone can help in this

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:47 pm

SharmaD16 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:43 pm
Thanks TickTack

I understand what you mean, I have maintained my residential status as UK resident. Its just that I haven't stayed in last 6 months since the current visa timelines are very unpredictable.

Can you suggest what is other option I have in this scenario please

I can think of
2. Get into sublet agreement with my friend at his own house and use that rental agreement along with landlord / ownership proof.
3. Book online for a flat immediately if any agency allow without being in person.
4. Last case is to Travel to UK immediately, book rental flat and then use the proof

It would really help if anyone can help in this
Number 4 is a no brainer. Travel to the UK. Build your residential nest and take it from there.

These guys always find a reason not to give you the visa even when you tick all the boxes. You don't want to make it easier for them.

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:04 pm

Yes, thats the last resort I have. However, what is the likelihood of the first 3 options? or any other solution please..

@CR001 @TickTack

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:28 pm

hello there, any suggestions please?

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SharmaD16 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:56 pm

Hi @CR001 @Zimba, @vinny have you got any suggestions on this, please.. It would be very helpful

When I researched about 'adequate accommodation - it means the accommodation is not overcrowded and I should not be using public funds. Both of these are not the case since I am not using any public funds and the house is 3-bed semi-detached house with 3 people including me (legally 5 allowed) now we have a house-share tenancy agreement as well.

please note, the house when we made the application was different 6 months ago, now its different.

PS: Apologies for tagging directly. any help is much appeciated

Thanking you
Dewang

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:26 am

SharmaD16 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:28 pm
hello there, any suggestions please?
You do understand that it's not an on demand service. Folks here have normal family lives to live. No one gets paid for doing this, so continuous bumping of this thread wouldn't make your response faster.

I can think of
#1. Not sure this has a remote chance of working as this isn't a permanent accommodation.
#2. That might work, but how do you prove residency here without utility bill.
#3. Similar to #2. Also some overzealous fella might notice on the system that you're out of country and your supposed accommodation is just a rouse to get visa approved.