ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married Name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chddrys
Newly Registered
Philippines

Married Name

Post by chddrys » Thu May 05, 2022 12:09 pm

I got married in February 2020 but due to COVID I was unable to change my name to my husband's surname. I am only getting around to it now.

I am due to apply for my ILR on July 2022. I managed to have my name changed this May. I was planning to apply for my ILR directly after getting my new passport. Instead of applying for ILR with my unmarried name then updating it with my married name.

When I apply for my ILR will it be a problem as I have a different name on my current BRP? My language test is under my unmarried name as well.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Married Name

Post by zimba » Thu May 05, 2022 2:27 pm

No there is no issue. You can use both names
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice