ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending BPR - Flying within UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Katt
Newly Registered
Canada

Pending BPR - Flying within UK

Post by Katt » Thu May 05, 2022 1:32 pm

Good afternoon,

I know that you cannot leave the UK until you have received your new BRP, however, I am just wondering what the rules are for flying within the UK whilst waiting for a new BRP.

I have my biometrics appointment for my FLR(M) visa extension on 17/05/2022. My current visa/BRP expires on the 09/06/2022.

I live in Bristol & an opportunity to travel to Northern Ireland with work has cropped up. However, the trip falls on 16/09/2022. I just want to double check if I would still be able to travel to NI if my new BRP hasn't arrived yet. I will be travelling on a Canadian passport & would likely be flying Bristol to Belfast, Belfast to London.

Theoretically, I feel like it should be no different than taking a train from London to Glasgow, but since there is flying/airports involved I am second guessing everything. I just want to ensure I don't inadvertently get myself into hot water with this one if my decision letter/BRP take ages...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,
Kat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pending BPR - Flying within UK

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:53 pm

You do not need a passport or BRP to travel within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.