ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Family visa for Stamp 1 General category holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drali444
United Kingdom

Spouse Family visa for Stamp 1 General category holder

Post by drali444 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:46 am

Hi all,

I kindly need your advice, please.

My husband has been in Ireland for a few yrs now. He got Stamp 1 General category more than a year ago now. We got married last year and now planning to submit a spouse visa so that I can join him in Irelands.

My husband wants to apply for a visa for me in Ireland while I am in Pakistan. As per him, he will apply for my visa in Dublin and once he gets approval, he will send me the approval letter which I shall have to submit to the local embassy with my passport to get a visa stamp.

I am very confused about this as I didn't see an option like the above when I searched online.
All I can see is to apply myself online from my country of residence with originals and documents as a sponsor from him. For some reason, he is reluctant to go through this route which to me is the only route to get a spouse visa
I am very confused. Kindly guide me on this.

Many thanks

Ikra.

drali444
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Family visa for Stamp 1 General category holder

Post by drali444 » Wed May 04, 2022 7:52 pm

Can I please also ask:

There seems to be a confusion between whether we should apply for a family visit visa for me vs Spouse visa in my husband's mind.
He says the visit visa will be decided quickly in 3 to 4 weeks vs 6 months for the spouse visa. Once I come to Ireland on a visit visa which will be for 3 months, this can be extended to 6 months??? and also if I get a job or a registration with Irish medical council, we can get a work permit stamp while in Ireland.

I am not sure about any of this.
I would appreciate any input .

Thanks

drali444
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Family visa for Stamp 1 General category holder

Post by drali444 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:46 pm

Will appreciate a reply please.

Thanks