ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E vetting and citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: E vetting and citizenship application

Post by OneWorld2122 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:38 pm

I remember someone uploaded the copy of the vetting invitation form but I cant find it, can anyone please upload it again or be able to find it?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon May 02, 2022 1:32 pm

When filling eVetting form that you got by post (not the electronic one) do you need to provide copy of your passport page or get it notarised or approved from a solicitor/peace commissioner? Or is it a simple fill and sign form?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon May 02, 2022 2:50 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:32 pm
When filling eVetting form that you got by post (not the electronic one) do you need to provide copy of your passport page or get it notarised or approved from a solicitor/peace commissioner? Or is it a simple fill and sign form?
Passport copy is not required though the form is not clear.

Just send a photo copy which will be fine. I did the same without any issues.

Hope it helps.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Wed May 04, 2022 12:34 pm

How long it’s currently taking to complete vetting request online ? Is anyone else also waiting or recently got completed and how long it took ? Thanks

Ps: I saw someone shared screenshot of statuses and it seems was completed within a week.wanted to check it’s same timeframe for all!!

chou2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by chou2020 » Thu May 05, 2022 5:57 pm

OneWorld2122 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:34 pm
How long it’s currently taking to complete vetting request online ? Is anyone else also waiting or recently got completed and how long it took ? Thanks

Ps: I saw someone shared screenshot of statuses and it seems was completed within a week.wanted to check it’s same timeframe for all!!
For me 2 weeks from submitting online to evetting viewed by dept, then approval almost 2 months later

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Sat May 07, 2022 1:31 pm

How long it takes between processing complete and disclosure viewed?
chou2020 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:57 pm
OneWorld2122 wrote:

For me 2 weeks from submitting online to evetting viewed by dept, then approval almost 2 months later

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat May 07, 2022 1:39 pm

OneWorld2122 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 1:31 pm
How long it takes between processing complete and disclosure viewed?
chou2020 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:57 pm
OneWorld2122 wrote:

My observation is less than 2 weeks.

Saroo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saroo » Sun May 08, 2022 12:09 am

Exactly one week after submitting my application for Evetting however it's been complete silence with the department of justice since the disclosure was made it's been 5 weeks

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:42 am

Thank you guys, it might be helpful for others:

for me , it took 6 working days for the department from receiving signed vetting form by ISD to disclosure viewed, which seems pretty quick.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:27 pm

Here's a diagram that explains the different evetting responses, which might be helpful for some (from a uni, not in relation to DoJ, but the idea of which status means what is there): https://www.tudublin.ie/media/website/s ... 17-PDF.pdf
Not sure if you can download your disclosure with citizenship process, but who knows.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:27 pm
Not sure if you can download your disclosure with citizenship process, but who knows.
Yeah, you can only get a copy from organization that data was sent to. Doubt you can just ask citizenship for it besides sending an FOI.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Fri May 13, 2022 7:02 pm

Hi all,

So glad i found this board to get better understanding of how the process works and not feel alone in this.
I am non EU, in Ireland for 10 years now.
Submitted the application in January 2021.
Got e vetting invitation on 10th of March 2022
Disclosure viewed on 28th of March 2022
And nothing since.
I am so surprised there is no phone number to call or digital application tracking system to check our reference numbers.
And their email responses to my queries are very "template" answers, basically it's still in the process so just wait 🤷‍♀️.
Anyone else in similar situation?

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Fri May 13, 2022 7:26 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 pm
meself2 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:27 pm
Yeah, you can only get a copy from organization that data was sent to. Doubt you can just ask citizenship for it besides sending an FOI.
Sorry, what's FOI? I see people mentioning JR too. What's that?
Can i request to see garda e vetting disclose off of anyone? I'm interested to see what's on it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:35 pm

Sorry, what's FOI? I see people mentioning JR too. What's that?
FOI = Freedom of Information
JR = Judicial Review
Can i request to see garda e vetting disclose off of anyone? I'm interested to see what's on it.
Members cannot post things on the forum that contain personal information. Everyone here is a complete stranger.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:58 pm

Besides, you don't see your own disclosure unless you do an FOI (Freedom Of Information request, when you ask the department to give you what they have on you), they keep it to themselves.

midrpv
Mood:
Ireland

Post by midrpv » Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi All

In the letter for EUR 950 payment, they asked me to send the original Irish Travel Document(if applicable) by post. They didn't mention IRP/GNIB card in this section, mentioned only for scanned copies of IRP in the previous section.

Does anyone know what is Original Irish travel document(assuming it is not the IRP card)?

Thanks

corkms
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by corkms » Mon May 16, 2022 2:51 pm

midrpv wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 pm
Hi All

In the letter for EUR 950 payment, they asked me to send the original Irish Travel Document(if applicable) by post. They didn't mention IRP/GNIB card in this section, mentioned only for scanned copies of IRP in the previous section.

Does anyone know what is Original Irish travel document(assuming it is not the IRP card)?

Thanks
Great question. I'm also interested. I didn't send anything since it also says not to send original passports.

But it's been a long time since I paid and the system only indicates that I've submitted. Wondering if I should have sent my IRP now.

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Got my letter, quote "minister is considering to grant approval" and that I will receive the next letter if successful and then to be considered for June 20th Ceremony, i need to pay and send docs within the next 10 days.

Can anyone explain, so does that mean 100% approval? And most importantly, do I wait for next letter or do I pay and upload digital photo asap in order to be considered?

Thank you all

rash25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rash25 » Mon May 16, 2022 4:03 pm

My waiting time is over got approval letter on 10/05/2022 after 3.5 years. All the best to everyone who is waiting.

Rumple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Rumple » Mon May 16, 2022 4:16 pm

Ketevaness wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 pm
Hi everyone,

Got my letter, quote "minister is considering to grant approval" and that I will receive the next letter if successful and then to be considered for June 20th Ceremony, i need to pay and send docs within the next 10 days.

Can anyone explain, so does that mean 100% approval? And most importantly, do I wait for next letter or do I pay and upload digital photo asap in order to be considered?

Thank you all
I received the same. As I understand it, you have to upload the passport scan, photo and payment NOW to complete the application process. After that we will receive the formal invite for the ceremony.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon May 16, 2022 4:54 pm

Ketevaness wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 pm
Hi everyone,

Thank you all
Well technically yes but you need to complete the payment online with docs and attend the ceremony to get your certificate.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon May 16, 2022 5:01 pm

midrpv wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 pm
Hi All

Thanks
My understanding its not an IRP, its offered to non-eu nationals who don’t have passport to travel.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... -document/

Saroo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saroo » Mon May 16, 2022 7:50 pm

Hii everyone after waiting 4 years decided to file judicial review rang my solicitor today she told me she will talk with the barrister and file the judicial review in coming days hopefully by Friday the total cost for judicial review is 8k euros i wish if I could have avoided this cost but i had no other option

YokyN
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by YokyN » Mon May 16, 2022 8:12 pm

After done ISD form and paying €950, do we receive confirmation payment email or it might delay for day or two ?

My payment appear on my Bank app as pending, maybe thats why i never received confirmation email directly after i submit my form ?

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Mon May 16, 2022 8:58 pm

Hey again,

Quick question, letter i got says i need to fill in ISD form and pay €950 within 10 days. Letter is dated 12th of May, but surely they have to mean 10 days from receiving the letter?
I assume they use registered post to know when letter is actually received by the recipient and count 10 days from there?

My pay day is 25th so I am going stir crazy in case the deadline is 22nd.