ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

2 years visitor visa for parents

Post by harpreetjagdey » Sun May 08, 2022 9:20 am

Hello All

I am planning to submit an application for my parents visitor visa at the end of this month. I was wondering if there are any complications for applying a 2 year visa?

My father has been here previously in 2016 on a 6-month visa but mother hasnt been here yet and never has been issued any UK visa. Reason I want to apply 2 year visa than 6 months is that I will be going there later this month and will be lodging their application at that time. They live alone and its difficult for them to print/arrange visa and supporting documents due to their old age.

I can explain the situation in a cover letter

Are there any complications and if there is a special consideration applying for these 2 year visas? Any thoughts and helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Re: 2 years visitor visa for parents

Post by harpreetjagdey » Tue May 10, 2022 9:37 am

Please can anyone suggest?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 13, 2022 12:31 pm

harpreetjagdey wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:20 am
Hello All

I am planning to submit an application for my parents visitor visa at the end of this month. I was wondering if there are any complications for applying a 2 year visa?

My father has been here previously in 2016 on a 6-month visa but mother hasnt been here yet and never has been issued any UK visa. Reason I want to apply 2 year visa than 6 months is that I will be going there later this month and will be lodging their application at that time. They live alone and its difficult for them to print/arrange visa and supporting documents due to their old age.

I can explain the situation in a cover letter

Are there any complications and if there is a special consideration applying for these 2 year visas? Any thoughts and helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
There are no rules stopping you from applying for 2 years for the pair of them in one go. The only problem is, your dad has been here before, so he has a better chance of getting his visa re-issued. On the other hand, you mum has never been here before, so she hasn't crossed that trust boundary. You have less fee to lose on a 6 months visa than a 2 year application.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

luvn
Newly Registered

Post by luvn » Fri May 13, 2022 1:28 pm

There are no rules stopping you from applying for 2 years for the pair of them in one go. The only problem is, your dad has been here before, so he has a better chance of getting his visa re-issued. On the other hand, you mum has never been here before, so she hasn't crossed that trust boundary. You have less fee to lose on a 6 months visa than a 2 year application.
The same conditions apply for either 6-mth, 2-yrs, or any years allowed within the rules. Of course an applicant previous travel experience counts.. however, a case merit is defined by the individual's personal circumstances. Your mother's lack of travel experience in the UK has no bearing at all. Multiple Entries are available simply to ease travel arrangements (time-wise). If you can satisfy the requirements, you qualify. As simple as that.

Mind you, it doesn't matter to the immigration official at the borders even if you hold a 10-year Visit Visa entry... you wouldn't be treated any different from the one holding a 6-month Visit Visa. The same queues, the same conditions apply to both - there's no leverage given.

It may interest you to know that i have personally sponsored someone for a 2-year Visit Visa and the applicant had never travelled across any border - by that I meant their passport was Blank! The application was a success! I paid for what i wanted- 2 year multiple entry, that's all. I also sponsored another for a 5-year Multiple Visit Visa and the applicant had only previously held a 6-mth visit visa. It was a success! No gimmicks!

All i did was, i make sure i gave a compelling reason why my guests needed the multiple visas, such as i expected them to visit me more frequently for instance, on festive occasions, summer breaks etc, the nature of my work doesn't permit me to see them more often so i'm expecting them to be visiting me more often.

NB: Whatever Multiple entry you wanna apply for parents - you simply have to be in a strong financial position yourself with the relevant supporting documents and make sure you make it clear in your sponsorship letter (Invitation Letter) the kind of support you're making available to your guests. You should stress on this boldly - so in case the ECO overlooked any material facts, you can successfully challenge it at the next stage (Pre-Action Protocol). Many times the ECO would deliberately ignored your financial package and go ahead to refuse. I have successful challenge these on three differently occasions.

Secondly, make sure your parents have strong ties in their home country that would compel them to return at the end of their short-stay. Without them exercising strong ties in their home country, their application is unlikely to be successful. These could be in the form of funds / savings available to them; if they're working (evidence of employment), social ties (grandchildren, siblings, etc) or professional affiliations in their home country, properties they held. The list could be endless but be specific and keep it simple.

I trust this helps?

Best wishes

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 13, 2022 2:30 pm

luvn wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:28 pm
The same conditions apply for either 6-mth, 2-yrs, or any years allowed within the rules. Of course an applicant previous travel experience counts.. however, a case merit is defined by the individual's personal circumstances. Your mother's lack of travel experience in the UK has no bearing at all. Multiple Entries are available simply to ease travel arrangements (time-wise). If you can satisfy the requirements, you qualify. As simple as that.If you'd bothered to read the post properly. You'll see that there was no leverage given to travel experience. It's just the fact that if all doesn't go well, you lose more money.

Mind you, it doesn't matter to the immigration official at the borders even if you hold a 10-year Visit Visa entry... you wouldn't be treated any different from the one holding a 6-month Visit Visa. The same queues, the same conditions apply to both - there's no leverage given.

It may interest you to know that i have personally sponsored someone for a 2-year Visit Visa and the applicant had never travelled across any border - by that I meant their passport was Blank! The application was a success! I paid for what i wanted- 2 year multiple entry, that's all. I also sponsored another for a 5-year Multiple Visit Visa and the applicant had only previously held a 6-mth visit visa. It was a success! No gimmicks!Do you know how many people have also applied for visas and been rejected. The advise here is to put your best foot forward.

All i did was, i make sure i gave a compelling reason why my guests needed the multiple visas, such as i expected them to visit me more frequently for instance, on festive occasions, summer breaks etc, the nature of my work doesn't permit me to see them more often so i'm expecting them to be visiting me more often.

NB: Whatever Multiple entry you wanna apply for parents - you simply have to be in a strong financial position yourself with the relevant supporting documents and make sure you make it clear in your sponsorship letter (Invitation Letter) the kind of support you're making available to your guests. You should stress on this boldly - so in case the ECO overlooked any material facts, you can successfully challenge it at the next stage (Pre-Action Protocol). Many times the ECO would deliberately ignored your financial package and go ahead to refuse. I have successful challenge these on three differently occasions.

Secondly, make sure your parents have strong ties in their home country that would compel them to return at the end of their short-stay. Without them exercising strong ties in their home country, their application is unlikely to be successful. These could be in the form of funds / savings available to them; if they're working (evidence of employment), social ties (grandchildren, siblings, etc) or professional affiliations in their home country, properties they held. The list could be endless but be specific and keep it simple.

I trust this helps?

Best wishes

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 pm

luvn wrote:
The same conditions apply for either 6-mth, 2-yrs, or any years allowed within the rules. Of course an applicant previous travel experience counts.. however, a case merit is defined by the individual's personal circumstances. Your mother's lack of travel experience in the UK has no bearing at all. Multiple Entries are available simply to ease travel arrangements (time-wise). If you can satisfy the requirements, you qualify. As simple as that.

It may interest you to know that i have personally sponsored someone for a 2-year Visit Visa and the applicant had never travelled across any border - by that I meant their passport was Blank! The application was a success! I paid for what i wanted- 2 year multiple entry, that's all. I also sponsored another for a 5-year Multiple Visit Visa and the applicant had only previously held a 6-mth visit visa. It was a success! No gimmicks!

I trust this helps?

Best wishes
Excellent advice. :idea: :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Sat May 14, 2022 6:14 am

luvn wrote:

I trust this helps?

Best wishes
Thank you so much for the reply and advice. I shall be following it for the visa application. Much appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 15, 2022 12:54 am

luvn wrote:

Good advice.
See also How to write a pre-action letter that makes the Home Office change its mind
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:54 pm

I thought I will let members know that my parents have been granted with 2 year visit visa this week. i followed on the advice posted here and provided them with genuine reasons with back-up and financial details. All got approved with 7 weeks of applying.

Thank you so much for valuable advice.

luvn wrote:

I trust this helps?

Best wishes

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:30 pm

harpreetjagdey wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:54 pm
I thought I will let members know that my parents have been granted with 2 year visit visa this week. i followed on the advice posted here and provided them with genuine reasons with back-up and financial details. All got approved with 7 weeks of applying.

Thank you so much for valuable advice.

luvn wrote:

I trust this helps?

Best wishes
Congratulations!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:51 pm

Your thread and guidance provided quite a good read and there should be no doubt that following the stated will most likely if not always ensure a successful outcome to visitor visa.
Congratulations.