ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from country that is not your own.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bjames
Newly Registered

Applying from country that is not your own.

Post by bjames » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 am

Hello,

Can you apply for a Tier 1 from any country. For example I am an Australian who needs to leave the UK to apply. Can I just got to any european county and apply?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bjames
Newly Registered

Post by bjames » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Thank you for your reply,

I understand that what you have posted is the correct answer. However, I am unable to draw any definite conclusion from the linked articles. I was wondering if any one has had any personal experince with the situation I have described.

Kind Regards
Ben

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Where are you now? Assumed UK.
Why can't you apply in country, what type of visa do you have? Guessing WHM and that is why you can't apply in country?

It is possible to apply from a country other than your own but it is expected that you have a presence there and of course that would entail showing a form of permitted residence, not just a visit visa for that country.

The trouble with WHM it does state that you are to return home, so unless you have right of residence somewhere other than there you are expected to apply from your home country.

bjames
Newly Registered

Post by bjames » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:24 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Where are you now? Assumed UK.
Why can't you apply in country, what type of visa do you have? Guessing WHM and that is why you can't apply in country?

It is possible to apply from a country other than your own but it is expected that you have a presence there and of course that would entail showing a form of permitted residence, not just a visit visa for that country.

The trouble with WHM it does state that you are to return home, so unless you have right of residence somewhere other than there you are expected to apply from your home country.
Yes I have a WHM and I am currently in the UK. Do you know the minimum I would require to say I have a residence in Germany or Ireland?

Also, do you know anything that can be done switching from this cursed WHM that doesnt involve flying all the way bak home?

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:25 am

bjames wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:Where are you now? Assumed UK.

Yes I have a WHM and I am currently in the UK. Do you know the minimum I would require to say I have a residence in Germany or Ireland?

Also, do you know anything that can be done switching from this cursed WHM that doesnt involve flying all the way bak home?
Go home for the Holidays and apply
And then return to the UK
when it is approved go back and get your passport stamped
Otherwise it involves sending your passport to AU through the mail.

bjames
Newly Registered

Post by bjames » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:07 am

republique wrote:Otherwise it involves sending your passport to AU through the mail.
When you say this does that mean that you could theoritcally apply at your home country british embassy whilst in another country through post?
Or at some stage during the applicaiton do you have to physically be present?

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:32 am

bjames wrote:
republique wrote:Otherwise it involves sending your passport to AU through the mail.
When you say this does that mean that you could theoritcally apply at your home country british embassy whilst in another country through post?
Or at some stage during the applicaiton do you have to physically be present?
you still should go home and pick up your passport when its approved or how else do you expect to get your visa stamped after its issued

p9514p
Newly Registered

online application

Post by p9514p » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:32 am

Hi,

I am facing a problem while applying online for the tier1 general form.

I go to the border and immigration website and then click on Apply online.Then click on the terms and conditons and say continue.When I do this I am led to another page where I need to give my email id and password etc.
Now the page after this is the main page as it asks me the type of visit and type of visa wherein you need to type in PBS employment and Tier 1.

After this comes the "section1-information about you".. and so on...
untill the declaration section, it does ask me only the general questions and does not ask me anything abt my points or anything related in perticular to the tier1 application.

Now, if I do next after declaration, I cant change the form. So, I need help if I am going right or not?

Please reply asap as I have already taken an appointment next week and hvnt completed my online application yet.

thanks,