ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE/ILR for child born outside UK to settled parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anonbha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILE/ILR for child born outside UK to settled parents

Post by Anonbha » Sun May 08, 2022 12:17 pm

Hello all,
This is my first post here and I tried searching for information on this forum and on google but I am still stuck.

My situation:
Both my wife and myself hold ILR. My first child also holds an ILR.
My wife is pregnant and we would like to have our second child in India and bring him/her back to the UK.

I cannot find the relevant application form, guidelines and details for a child born outside the UK to parents hold ILR.

I keep going in circles on the gov.uk website which keeps pointing me to Appendix FM which I do not believe is the correct category for us since both of us are settle and Appendix FM assumes only one parent is settled and the other parent have leave to remain.

Also does the VFS in India accept online bank statements and payslips now?
I remember in the past we had to submit stamped copies or bring the "original physical" copies.
Recently for my wife's and child's ILR application in the UK they have started accepting online statements and payslips.Will they accept the same if applied from India for my second child?

Any help pointing me the right direction would be much appreciated.

vinny

Re: ILE/ILR for child born outside UK to settled parents

Post by vinny » Sun May 08, 2022 1:05 pm

See also links.
vinny wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:04 pm
apply
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Anonbha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Anonbha » Sun May 08, 2022 2:15 pm

Thank you for the information Vinny.

While I go through the links and material I wonder if you or anyone else are able to help with the second question?
Also does the VFS in India accept online bank statements and payslips now?
I remember in the past we had to submit stamped copies or bring the "original physical" copies.
Recently for my wife's and child's ILR application in the UK they have started accepting online statements and payslips.Will they accept the same if applied from India for my second child?
Actually looking at the appendix there seems to be no requirement for a salary threshold or savings requirements. It simply asks how much I earn and how much savings I have. But I guess I still need to prove my salary and savings with bank statements and payslips?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 08, 2022 2:19 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:04 pm
Adequate maintenance and accommodation, etc., required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Anonbha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Anonbha » Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Thank you Vinny for the links.

So it seems the bank statement need to be on the "official bank stationery".
My "formal payslips" are available online only.

This poses two issues for me. I imagine the UKVI/home office are looking for the previous month or latest available statements and payslips?

I plan to travel to India to be with my family 3 weeks before the due date (to provide sufficient time incase the delivery is early). Assuming the child arrives roughly around the expected date, applying for a passport and getting it can take 2-3 weeks.
So by the time I apply for the visa, the documents I will have gathered before travelling to India will be more than a month old. The letter from my employer will be also be more than month old and will not validate the latest payslip even if download the latest one(s).
Of course getting the "official bank stationery" paper statement is going to be challenge too since my bank statements go to my home address in the UK.

Is the only option for me to travel to the UK and travel back to India with latest documents?
That's a really expensive affair but if there is no other option I guess I can do that!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 09, 2022 9:47 am

Anonbha wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 pm

This poses two issues for me. I imagine the UKVI/home office are looking for the previous month or latest available statements and payslips?

I plan to travel to India to be with my family 3 weeks before the due date (to provide sufficient time incase the delivery is early). Assuming the child arrives roughly around the expected date, applying for a passport and getting it can take 2-3 weeks.
So by the time I apply for the visa, the documents I will have gathered before travelling to India will be more than a month old. The letter from my employer will be also be more than month old and will not validate the latest payslip even if download the latest one(s).
Of course getting the "official bank stationery" paper statement is going to be challenge too since my bank statements go to my home address in the UK.

Is the only option for me to travel to the UK and travel back to India with latest documents?
That's a really expensive affair but if there is no other option I guess I can do that!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 09, 2022 9:51 am

Anonbha wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Overlook the "official bank stationery" downloaded online statements are available and letter from employer can be issued closer to the date when you need it.

Anonbha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Anonbha » Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pm

Thank you all for the information.

Its taken me a while to read the links and the PDFs on the gov.uk website. I must say all this is a bit complex!

Not sure if I missed this since there is so much information but...
One thing I am not able to understand is for the financial evidence how old is too old?
Especially for the letter from the employer.
I guess they will want the most recent ones available but if I am in India my employer's letter is likely going to be nearly 2 months old.

Also do I need to get the payslips stamped by my employer? they are all only available online now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 13, 2022 5:15 am

Anonbha wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pm
Thank you all for the information.

Its taken me a while to read the links and the PDFs on the gov.uk website. I must say all this is a bit complex!

Not sure if I missed this since there is so much information but...
One thing I am not able to understand is for the financial evidence how old is too old?
Especially for the letter from the employer.
I guess they will want the most recent ones available but if I am in India my employer's letter is likely going to be nearly 2 months old. If still employed by them should not be an inconvenience to ask employer to issue it to keep in compliance of being within preceeding 28days to application submission.

Also do I need to get the payslips stamped by my employer? they are all only available online now. Online/electronic documents are accepted without need for stamping.