ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eu wife flying from Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

honda99
Newly Registered
Ireland

Non eu wife flying from Dublin

Post by honda99 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:16 am

Hello

My Non eu wife and i live in Northern Ireland, we want to travel to her home country (Thailand) and flights are a lot better and cheaper departing from Dublin, My wife has pre-settled status here in NI, would she need a visa to fly out and return to Dublin with her Irish spouse? if so can the visa be got in NI?

Cheers guys

meself2
Ireland

Re: Non eu wife flying from Dublin

Post by meself2 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:13 am

honda99 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:16 am
would she need a visa to fly out and return to Dublin
Yes. There are some provisions about non-EU partners travelling to EU with their spouses, but since UK is not in the EU, it's no longer valid I think.
honda99 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:16 am
if so can the visa be got in NI
As far as I know, all the embassies are in mainland UK.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Non eu wife flying from Dublin

Post by littlerr » Mon May 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Would it not be better and cheaper if you take a transit in Heathrow?

Yes she will need a visa to enter Ireland. In fact she will need a 2-entry or multiple-entry visa if she intends to enter Ireland twice. Visa-free travels under EU Treaty Rights have been abolished for UK nationals’ family members since the implementation of Brexit.

There are special provisions for residents in NI - they don’t have to travel to Great Britain to apply for the visa. The Irish visa office accepts postal applications for NI residents.

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/
If you live in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you should submit your application by sending a tracked post envelope to the following address:

Visa Office,
Ground Floor,
114A Cromwell Road,
London,
SW7 4ES