ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set LR - English Language - Application not asking B1 test certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set LR - English Language - Application not asking B1 test certificate

Post by kraviraj82 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:31 am

Hi,

Please help with the query.
I am applying ILR Set LR for my wife and she has completed her engineering in India which was taught in English. She recently passed B1 English - Graded Examination in Spoken English with distinction from Trinity College London.

Query - In Set LR application, the document declaration is not asking to upload B1 English language test certificate to prove English instead asking to upload ECCIS letter as below. Please advise how to address this issue.

Ecctis letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched.

Thanks
Ravi

vinny

Re: ILR Set LR - English Language - Application not asking B1 test certificate

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:52 am

She may satisfy the English language requirements in several different ways.

If she is relying on her foreign degree, then 2.2(a) requires
iv) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by Ecctis to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, and
  • (1) provides the specified documentary evidence to show he has the qualification, and
  • (2) Ecctis has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
Or, if she has recently passed a B1 approved test, then she may satisfy 2.2
(c) the on line verification system operated by an approved English language test provider, as published on the UK Visas and Immigration pages of Gov.uk, confirms that the applicant has passed an English language test in speaking and listening, at a minimum level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which is approved by the Secretary of State, and taken at a test centre approved by the Secretary of State as a Secure English Language Test Centre no more than two years before the date of application.
The online form was probably confused on what evidence she was relying on. Even though the document declaration is not asking her to upload a B1 English language test certificate, I don’t think that it prevents her from referring to and uploading it?

It’s really her choice on how she wants to prove that she satisfies the English language requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

Post by kraviraj82 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:23 am

Thanks Vinny for the reply. I have another question pl help

Can the SET LR be applied before 28 days from the 10 year completion period ? In UK immigration gov site i cant see when to apply ? Please address my querey.

Thanks
Ravi

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 09, 2022 10:58 am

Yes you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice