ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The 6 letters date - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nopal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

The 6 letters date - ILR

Post by nopal » Mon May 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Hi all,
the application asks for
"6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years"

My visa extension was issued on 29-04-2020, it's valid till October 2022
I'm applying for my ILR on/after 5-07-2022, as that would complete 60 months in the UK.

so there isn't really 2.5 years between 29-4-2020 and 05-07-2022! therefore, my question, should I provide:

A) letters 5-6 months apart that start from April/May 2020 and count forward.
ie:
Apr-20
Sep-20
Feb-21
Jul-21
Dec-21
Apr-22

or

B) should I count backwards from June/July 2022, ie:
Jun-20
Nov-20
Apr-21
Sep-21
Feb-22
Jun-22

which really just covers 2 years, June to June.

or

C: option B + additional correspondence for April/May 2020?

please advise.
thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: The 6 letters date - ILR

Post by zimba » Mon May 09, 2022 12:46 pm

There is no specific requirement for these under the rules. Provide 3 pieces of evidence from at least 2 sources anywhere in the the last two years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nopal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nopal » Mon May 09, 2022 1:03 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:46 pm
There is no specific requirement for these under the rules. Provide 3 pieces of evidence from at least 2 sources anywhere in the the last two years
Thank you. did you mean 6 pieces of evidence? the quote I attached was directly from the application.
please advise.
thanks.

nopal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nopal » Mon May 09, 2022 1:07 pm

here is the full passage for reference:
"6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years
You must provide 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually, if they show the same address for both of you.

Providing both one letter sent individually to you and one letter sent individually to your partner at the same address is the equivalent of one letter addressed to you jointly.

For example, you can provide 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address, 2 items addressed to you at the address, and 2 items addressed to your partner at the address, for a total of 8 items.

If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence showing that you live at the same address."

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 09, 2022 1:10 pm

I repeat that there is no such requirement under the rules and there is no specific requirement. The application simply is giving a guideline on what to send. 3 pieces from two different sources will be 6 items :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nopal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nopal » Mon May 09, 2022 1:17 pm

oh! you're right! 3x2 is indeed = 6! sorry! thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.
I'm sure it's not news to you but one reads these over and over again until the brain malfunctions :)
thanks.