ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Employment details

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon May 09, 2022 5:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 5:08 pm
Did you read the guidance notes at all? Most of your questions are covered in there.
Yes, the Nationality Guidance says the caseworker should ask to provide another referee if the one provided does not meet the requirements.

However, the Good Character Guide has a section called "False statements by referees" which says both referee and the applicant are liable to prosecution if they provide false information.

As my referee signed the form, confirming he is qualified as a referee, won't it be an issue if I admin that he doesn't qualify? Or this doesn't apply in this case?

I am sorry again for asking so many silly questions, just super nervous about all this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Stop overthinking!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon May 09, 2022 5:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 5:18 pm
Stop overthinking!
You made my day! Thanks a lot CR001!

I will then go ahead and provide the details of the new referee in the cover letter.

Thank you so much again!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed May 11, 2022 6:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 5:18 pm
Stop overthinking!

Hi CR001,

I am very sorry but really need one last "stop overthinking" magic of yours please.

So, I applied to renew my non-UK passport back in 2018. However my then old passport still had 1 year validity (I was replacing it as there were no blank pages left).

I then applied for ILR using that old passport later in 2018 as it was valid and I haven't receive my new passport yet.

Shortly after my ILR approval, Ive got a call from embassy advising my new passport is ready.

When I collected my new passport I noticed the passport issue date is a few months before my ILR submission date. This is because it was produced in my country and took a few months to arrive to the UK.

The embassy just teared a page from my old passport to invalidate it. No collection date, stamp or receipt was issued.

Now, will this cause issues with UKVI as they might notice the new passport was issued before ILR but I applied to ILR using the old passport? Can they classify this as a deception although clearly no deception was made? Shall I mention this in cover letter or just overthinking? I don't have any official paperwork confirming the receipt of the new passport as the embassy doesn't issue any.

Can you please advise? Many thanks and sorry again.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:30 pm

I wish I could point you to some official guidance covering your concern...
However, it seems you used a valid passport for both applications, which was the requirement.
I don't think UKVI nationality caseworkers are spending their time trying to trip you up.
There are very few reasons why an application is refused, based on statutory requirement. Overthinking?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed May 11, 2022 10:49 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:30 pm
However, it seems you used a valid passport for both applications, which was the requirement.
I don't think UKVI nationality caseworkers are spending their time trying to trip you up.
There are very few reasons why an application is refused, based on statutory requirement. Overthinking?
Thanks a lot for the info!

I just don't know what to do with this one.

If I mention it in cover letter they might start digging into it and require an official letter confirming it was collected after the ILR and that the old passport was still valid (of course, it was!) but this is impossible to produce as the embassy won't issue such letters, they only confirm it verbally.

If I don't mention it, they might spot it and think its a deception and refuse without giving me a chance to explain myself. Worse - they might even revoke the ILR for nothing.

I am honestly thinking of withdrawing my application and living with ILR for good. This whole citizenship crap drives me crazy and makes me super nervous. I wish they could offer Same Day service - would pay any money for this...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:12 am

You really are overthinking. Not sure why you are so stuck on everything being deception!!

There is no issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu May 12, 2022 7:31 am

VirtualWaver wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:49 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:30 pm
Thanks a lot for the info!

I just don't know what to do with this one.

If I mention it in cover letter they might start digging into it and require an official letter confirming it was collected after the ILR and that the old passport was still valid (of course, it was!) but this is impossible to produce as the embassy won't issue such letters, they only confirm it verbally.

If I don't mention it, they might spot it and think its a deception and refuse without giving me a chance to explain myself. Worse - they might even revoke the ILR for nothing.

I am honestly thinking of withdrawing my application and living with ILR for good. This whole citizenship crap drives me crazy and makes me super nervous. I wish they could offer Same Day service - would pay any money for this...
You did what you needed to do with the valid documents available to you at the time. You could not have done it differently. The HO cannot possibly find deception here.

I fully understand why you worry, and that you are trying to cover all your bases, but you are exaggerating here. You need to stop. Else, tomorrow you'll find another "deception".

I say, unless there's a mistake in your name or date of birth, or the date you submitted your application doesn't meet the 5-year rule (and even in these cases, the HO usually let's you correct things afterwards), or you realise you really don't want to become a British citizen after all, then there's no reason to withdraw an application.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu May 12, 2022 8:31 am

Thank you so much! Youre right, I am unnecessary worried with all these concerns. No more questions from me, time to submit and grab a bear! ))

Thanks everyone and sorry again for flooding.