ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW - help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ci07jjs

PSW - help please

Post by ci07jjs » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Hello,

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with my PSW (post-study-visa, Tier 1) application. I came to the UK on a student visa in 1999 and this visa is endorsed in my old passport which is damaged. Since then I have been on workpermit (2006-7) and changed it back to student visa (current status, 09/2007-01/2009). Now, I am interested in applying for post-study-visa based on the student visa (in-country application) which was issued to me last year (09/2007) for my masters degree.

a. I prefer not to send my old damaged passport with the application. Do I have to send my send my old damaged passport in addition to my current passport with my application? Is it sufficient if I just fill section C7 and state that my passport has been damaged and provide my visa number that was issued to me when I enterd the UK in 1999?

b. I am having great difficulty completing Section D - "Immigration History".

From which country overseas and at which post did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom ?
As previosuly mentioned I switched from my workpermit to student visa incountry last year. Given this, is the answer to the question - UK? or is it my home country entry clearance application dating back to 1999? I spoke to homeoffice and getting mixed response from various advisers.

This leads to further difficulty in answering D4:
Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa within the applicant’s passport or travel document?
Again, is the answer to this question the visa number that was given to be last year incountry when I switched to my student visa? or is it the visa number that was stamped at the airport when I first entered the UK in 1999?
I was under the understanding one of the eligibility criteria for PSW is that I should have had the student visa for the course that I have studied which was the last years one. Hence the confusion.

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) unavailable?
Does this question mean weather I have attached my old passport with my application? or does it if mean to ask if I still have my old passport?.

I appreciate that you have taken time to read my questions and would be glad if you could answer.

Many thanks

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Any replies please? I am planning to apply for this early next week.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi,

Just one other question about bank statements. I understand that I am required to supply three months of bank statements prior to my application.

My bank (HBOS) has been really awkward in sending my statements to me on a regular basis. I have asked them to send me a copy of my statements from August till now.

The problem is that the new statements won't look like regular statements (on a month by month basis), It will be a run of all transactions from 1 august till now. would this cause a problem with homeoffice?

Do I also need to supply a letter on top of this stating my balance has been over £800 for the last three months?

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 am

can someone please help?