ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apostile for Police Clearance Certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rishi20
Newly Registered
India

Apostile for Police Clearance Certificate

Post by rishi20 » Sun May 08, 2022 11:58 am

I received my police clearance certificate from India. How can I get it apostilled in the UK? Does VFS provide the service for this?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Apostile for Police Clearance Certificate

Post by manci » Sun May 08, 2022 5:33 pm

rishi20 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:58 am
received my police clearance certificate from India. How can I get it apostilled in the UK?
Apostilles legalising a document are normally provided by a government department in the country where the document was issued. It is usually the Foreign Ministry. Enquire at the Indian HC,

Why do you need an apostille for your PCC?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Mark Dsouza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Apostile for Police Clearance Certificate

Post by Mark Dsouza » Tue May 10, 2022 5:29 pm

I was in a similar situation recently. I was advised to have the document sent to be apostilled in India. I sent it to some relatives in India who organised this and had it returned to me. I'm not sure that you can get a Police Clearance Certificate issued by an Indian authority apostilled in the UK.