ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another question...SET M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biggshot
Newly Registered

Another question...SET M

Post by biggshot » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Please can somebody let me know what documents need to be submitted for proof of earnings?

I am an IT contractor (self employed with own limited company) and I draw a salary and take dividends.

Should I just submit few payslips for myself and my wife or should I also submit the company and personal returns?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Please can somebody let me know what documents need to be submitted for proof of earnings?

I am an IT contractor (self employed with own limited company) and I draw a salary and take dividends.
If you are working under limited company, your company which calculates your dividend and salary will be issuing you a payslip. This is sufficent to satisfy the Home office that you are employed and to prove your earnings. Also it would be great if you submit your p60. Alternatively you can ask your umbrella company to provide you a letter about your earnings and employment. I am sure the umbrella company might have also given you a contract of employment which can also be used to prove that you are employed.

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:38 pm

I work through my own limited company and get payslips every month. My wife is the secretary and we both draw dividends from the company.

Do I need to submit bank statements (personal and business) for the last 6 months?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Do I need to submit bank statements (personal and business) for the last 6 months?
Yes.

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Ok thanks. Just to summarise, the documents I will submit are -

1. 6 letters in joint names over the 2 years
2. 3 letters in individual names
3. Payslips for both of us over the 2 years
4. My personal and business bank statements for last 6 months

Is there any other important document that I am missing?

What about proof of accomodation? Do I need to submit my house ownership documents?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Knowledge of Life in the UK test pass certificate and fees
Passports
Application form filled and signed

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:53 pm

What about proof of accommodation?

Also, I was in the UK on a work-permit for 2 years before I applied for FLR(M). Can I apply for British citizenship immediately after I get my ILR?

To be specific, I am in the UK since 2004 on a work-permit and then in Dec 2006 I applied for FLR (M) while I was in the UK. In Dec 2008 I will apply for ILR based on 2 years of marriage. Can I then apply for citizenship based on living in the UK for more than 5 years?