ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa application (wife and child) clarification

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Dependant visa application (wife and child) clarification

Post by sandjay » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:54 am

Hi Experts,
Using my employer's CoS, I successfully applied for my UK skilled worker visa, on March 9th; I received my passport stamped with the visa, by April 1st. I now need to apply for my dependents (my wife and my 4 year old son); I have applied for my wife, and filled in details about my son being a dependent (his name, passport details, date of birth and nationality), on her application, and I've gone ahead and submitted the application, paid the application fee, the IHS fee, and booked a local biometrics appointment as well.

I wanted to clarify now, do I need to create a separate application for my 4 year old son? and pay a separate application fee, and a separate IHS fee, and a separate biometrics appointment? Or does adding my son as a dependent on my wife's application suffice?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant visa application (wife and child) clarification

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:16 am

do I need to create a separate application for my 4 year old son? and pay a separate application fee, and a separate IHS fee, and a separate biometrics appointment?
Yes. What you have paid is very likely a single applicant and IHS fee.
Or does adding my son as a dependent on my wife's application suffice?
No.

Two applicants = two applications and two sets of fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sandjay » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:06 pm

OK; thanks a lot for the speedy response and clarification! :D

drijess13
Newly Registered
India

Post by drijess13 » Sat May 07, 2022 3:08 pm

sandjay wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:54 am
Hi Experts,
Using my employer's CoS, I successfully applied for my UK skilled worker visa, on March 9th; I received my passport stamped with the visa, by April 1st. I now need to apply for my dependents (my wife and my 4 year old son); I have applied for my wife, and filled in details about my son being a dependent (his name, passport details, date of birth and nationality), on her application, and I've gone ahead and submitted the application, paid the application fee, the IHS fee, and booked a local biometrics appointment as well.

I wanted to clarify now, do I need to create a separate application for my 4 year old son? and pay a separate application fee, and a separate IHS fee, and a separate biometrics appointment? Or does adding my son as a dependent on my wife's application suffice?

Thank you!
Hi Sandjay,

May in know if you got a decision on your wife's and son's application yet?

If yes, what was their timeline?

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sandjay » Tue May 10, 2022 1:29 pm

Hi drijess13,
I submitted my wife's application on April 18th, and finally received a notification today, May 10th, stating that the processed visa application has been dispatched back via courier; so I'm expecting to receive it within the next few days; so approximately 22 days for processing. I submitted my son's application on April 29th, and I haven't received any further notification about the same; based on my wife's timeline, I'm expecting to get some notification about it, maybe after about 10 days time.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!

drijess13
Newly Registered
India

Post by drijess13 » Wed May 11, 2022 3:07 pm

sandjay wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:29 pm
Hi drijess13,
I submitted my wife's application on April 18th, and finally received a notification today, May 10th, stating that the processed visa application has been dispatched back via courier; so I'm expecting to receive it within the next few days; so approximately 22 days for processing. I submitted my son's application on April 29th, and I haven't received any further notification about the same; based on my wife's timeline, I'm expecting to get some notification about it, maybe after about 10 days time.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!
Thank for your reply pal. I applied on the 1st April and am yet to receive anything. Its been over 40 calendar days now.

Did you apply priority for your wife or standard?

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sandjay » Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 pm

Sorry to hear about that drijess13; that's very strange; I applied standard, and NOT priority for my wife, son, and myself; have you received any notifications / clarifications from UKVI via email? I've heard they normally send any clarifications about the application via email, if any, otherwise they tend to just inform via email, that the application has been dispatched back via courier.

drijess13
Newly Registered
India

Post by drijess13 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:49 pm

sandjay wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 pm
Sorry to hear about that drijess13; that's very strange; I applied standard, and NOT priority for my wife, son, and myself; have you received any notifications / clarifications from UKVI via email? I've heard they normally send any clarifications about the application via email, if any, otherwise they tend to just inform via email, that the application has been dispatched back via courier.
Hi sandjay,

Did you apply the dependents visa along with yourself? Main applicant? All 3 applications at once?

I think that might be the reason why your applications were expedited.

Because my application has gone standalone with my daughter without the main applicant.

I called them few times and they said its gonna take 6 weeks. I tried emailing ukvi a few times but it says "payment failed" on the last page.

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sandjay » Tue May 31, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi drijess13,
I applied separately, and after my visa came back stamped, I applied for my wife and son's visas.
I received my son's visa as well, last week

sunana
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sunana » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:24 am

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to switch to a skilled worker visa while in-country and at the same time apply for my dependents who are outside the Uk? or would I need to apply for mine first?
Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:44 am

I think dependant applications may require details of main applicant’s grant of leave?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:44 pm

drijess13 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:07 pm
sandjay wrote:
Hi drijess13,

Hope that helps.

Thank you!
Thank for your reply pal. I applied on the 1st April and am yet to receive anything. Its been over 40 calendar days now.

Hi Drjess13

I am in the same situation, I applied for 3rd dependent extension of visa for my wife on 31 march, still haven't heard anything. Keep posted here if you recive any news from home office.

Thanks
S

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:44 pm

drijess13 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:07 pm
sandjay wrote:
Hi drijess13,

Hope that helps.

Thank you!

Hi Drjess13

I am in the same situation, I applied for 3rd dependent extension of visa for my wife on 31 march, still haven't heard anything. Keep posted here if you recive any news from home office.

Thanks
S

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:53 pm

sandjay wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 4:27 pm
Hi drijess13,
I applied separately, and after my visa came back stamped, I applied for my wife and son's visas.
I received my son's visa as well, last week
while applying for your kid, on the family consent form for part 1 and part 2, did you sign on it?