ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jury Service matter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IAC23
Newly Registered
Romania

Jury Service matter?

Post by IAC23 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Hello
Recently I’ve applied for naturalisation and I mentioned in my application about Jury Service that I’ve completed few years ago at Crown Court. Does anyone know if this can be considered when they processing my application? Can be something positive?
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Jury Service matter?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:10 pm

There are no specific requirements to have been active serving the community in any shape or form. If you satisfy all the statutory requirements including "good character" then you will be approved. Essentially you don't have to convince the Home Secretary that you are worthy of receiving citizenship if all boxes are ticked.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

IAC23
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by IAC23 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:19 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:10 pm
There are no specific requirements to have been active serving the community in any shape or form. If you satisfy all the statutory requirements including "good character" then you will be approved. Essentially you don't have to convince the Home Secretary that you are worthy of receiving citizenship if all boxes are ticked.
Thank you for your answer. To be honest I think my application tick all the boxes but pressure and concern that I might lose all the money it’s killing me. It will be a big honour for me to get a positive response from Home Office.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Fully sympathise with you - been through that myself some years back.
Unfortunately the application process is cumbersome with very little or no progress communication.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 12, 2022 6:39 pm

No harm in mentioning it and it may well count for something. After all, it demonstrates that you are conscientious at carrying out your civic duties.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.