ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

on student visa wishing to get married

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flowermiss
Newly Registered

on student visa wishing to get married

Post by flowermiss » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi!
Thanks to anyone who would be replying to my query.
I am a Mauritian citizen on a student visa which I will have to renew in March 2009. My partner (a british born) has just proposed and we are planing to get married next year.
I was wondering if it would be possible to apply for a COA and get married (civil wedding) in UK before March 2009 (i.e before my student visa expires). I intend to do a religious ceremony back home in Mauritius.
Is there any time limit to apply for a COA when one is on a student visa? Will i still need to renew my student visa if ever COA application is pending end of Feb 2009?

Please help..
Thanks

jsurferguy

Post by jsurferguy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 pm

There is a lot to the COA, some have applied where a process which should take 1 month is taking more than 3 ! What i can say is you can apply for the coa even before you visa is expired, but, i with the way things are going with the slow process at the home office, i don't think you would get the reply on time. Also remember, by march 2009, the student visa will be tier 4, and the requirements are much tighter !