ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adeniji283
Newly Registered
Nigeria

British citizenship

Post by Adeniji283 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Hello everyone

Pls I got this reply from home office today and I don’t know what to do having submitted my application almost 2 years now on asylum basis

Homeoffice “ Dear Sirs

Re: Mr xxxx

We aim to process a all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Unfortunately, your client’s case has not been processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Yours sincerely

CT8

Home Office”

Pls can anyone advise probably he/ she have received such reply

Thank you
xxxx

Mo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship

Post by Mo22 » Fri May 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Hi , I'm a refugee too i have applied for Citizenship from last year waiting now , HO they say they do extra security checks on refugees citizenship application but what kind of checks nowadays will take more than weeks or months, i don't believe the reason for delay it's the checks, they just lying to cover their mule.
I have seeing on this group and another group on Facebook the majority of refugees citizenship is taking longer than others application to be processed, mostly Refugees applications they get approval between 8 months to 2 years and half.
Is so frustrating to see January, February application getting approval even some in 4 weeks time , we all pay same naturalisation fees, meet the same citizenship requirements and we work and pay tax like others despite all this HO they treat us so different .
Last thing you can do is lodge formal complaint and send pre action protocol, but don't expect anything from it as I have seen two people after they sent PAP they got
same generic email .

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 13, 2022 10:49 pm

Adeniji283 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:48 pm
Hello everyone

Pls I got this reply from home office today and I don’t know what to do having submitted my application almost 2 years now on asylum basis

Homeoffice “ Dear Sirs

Re: Mr xxxx

We aim to process a all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Unfortunately, your client’s case has not been processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Yours sincerely

CT8

Home Office”

Pls can anyone advise probably he/ she have received such reply

Thank you
xxxx
There is nothing for you to do. It's more of an automated message going out to people have applications ongoing to update them work ongoing on their application.