ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependant Visa Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dip07
Newly Registered
India

Skilled Worker Dependant Visa Query

Post by Dip07 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:56 pm

Hi Team
I have one query related to Skilled Worker Dependant Visa.
Recently my wife who is the main applicant has applied Skilled Worker Visa from ICT Tier 2 pbs dependant and now I am planning to switch to Skilled Worker Dependant from ICT tier 2 visa

She has applied her visa couple of days back inside UK in priority service and hopefully If all goes well she will get her decision next week followed by which she will get her BRP say by 25th of may. So my query is , is there any specific timeline that I can apply visa as Dependant after X number of days ? Or I can apply the day after her BRP comes?

Thanks in Advance.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Dependant Visa Query

Post by ywlgy » Fri May 13, 2022 10:54 pm

You can apply now, quoting her UAN. No need to wait for decision or BRP.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Dip07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dip07 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:06 am

Thanks a lot :)

Dip07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dip07 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:38 pm

Hi Admins.

First of all thanks for solving my previous queries related to Skilled Worker Dependant Visa and Primary applicant
This is to inform you that my wife got her decision today and it was successfull 😀

I have few other queries related to my Skilled worker dependant visa form if you can help me with.

1) At the start section of the application it was asking about the main applicant details where i have given her passport number , NI number , UAN number , sponsor license number and other generic details and also mentioned that she already got skilled worker immigration permission(based on the decision email)
. I have not given her BRP number as we are yet to get the BRP . is it fine?

2)After filling the form with all required details I have downloaded the pdf I can see that Type of Visa / Application says as PBS, Startup ,Innovator or Global Talent Dependant partner. Does these category falls under Skilled worker dependant visa ? Or is it something I have selected a wrong link and filled application form.

Sorry if I have asked silly questions ,it's just that I don't want to do any mistake.

Thanks and Regards

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 pm

1. No problem. There are enough info to link your case to hers.
2. It is correct
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Dip07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dip07 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:38 am

Thanks a lot like always :)

Dip07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dip07 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:59 pm

Hi Admins,
First of all a BIG thanks to all of you in helping out with all my queries till date regarding Skilled worker visa for my wife and for me. This is to inform you thay both of our visa has been granted and been successful.

I have one query and it may not be related to this original thread but it will be really helpful if anyone can help me with.

Initially my wife has been granted Skilled worker visa for 3 years and her BRP end date is 2nd June 2025 and as per COS start date was 20th May 2022 and end date was 19th May 2025. I understand in BRP additional 14days is added and that makes 2nd June 2025.

Once my wife received the BRP I have applied for Dependant skilled worker visa and I have paid 2184 pound as IHS fee ( 624*3 years + 312 for14 days extra so total 2184.

I have given my biometric on 31st May and took super priority service and same day itself I have been granted the visa and it has been successful and same I can see in right to work where my old brp number states that I can work till 2nd of June 2025 which is same as my wife.

On 1st of June I can see in my bank account that 936 pound has been refunded as my IHS fee .. so my query is whether it is expected ? My assumption was I will get 312 pound refund as I have paid for 14 days extra.. but 936 pound refund means they have refunded ( 624 +312)

Please let me know whether I should contact ukvi for this as i am not sure why they have only taken 2 years of IHS fee instead of 3 years where as my visa has been granted for 3 years.

Sorry for the long message but it will be helpful if anyone can reply.

Regards!!

Dip07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dip07 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Just to add on few details on top of last query
I was in ICT Tier 2 and I was the main applicant and now I have changed to dependant skilled worker.
In year 2020 I got my ict tier 2 visa extended for 3 years and it was suppose to end on July 2023 .

So is it something related to this as I have already paid IHS fee last time and till my visa was left for one year and they have refunded me that money ??