ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker application outside of the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Skilled worker application outside of the UK

Post by MarkCa » Mon May 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Hello,

I am sponsoring worker and since we are a small company I am also personally involved in helping him apply. He received his Defined COS and we made the application together. He has an appointment in 2 days.

Questions:

1. His Defined COS has start date of 15.05.2022. however there was no priority option for visa so he will probably/hopefully receive it around 1st of June (applying on 11th of May). Should we send a note explaining that this is not an issue and that we (sponsor company) will wait for him to come?

2. I checked the funds so he doesn't have to provide bank statements. That said, we are providing:
- His original passport
- Defined COS (this holds many details regarding the work, salary, start and end date, etc)
- Proof that he passed English Test
- Consent form
- Criminal record check and tuberculosis tests are not needed.

Is there anything else that we should include?

Thanks!

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker application outside of the UK

Post by MarkCa » Mon May 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Sorry, one more thing:

He has a checklist but we didn't see any consent form. Should there be a consent form or only checklist?

Also, in consent form that I found, part three is financial sponsor. Should I sign this on behalf of the company or this is for different type of sponsorship? This is the consent form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon May 09, 2022 9:25 pm

1. Not necessary. He will have 28 days after visa issuance date to join the company. If you think this is not possible, consider adding sponsor note to postpone the work start date.
2. Provide as checklist says. CoS is not needed, UKVI can see it electronically.

Consent form is not needed if checklist does not include it.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Tue May 10, 2022 3:06 pm

Thank you!

Checklist mentions only passport and nothing else.

If you think he should bring anything extra please let me know :)

Eirinizt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Eirinizt » Wed May 11, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi. Could you tell me how long it took to get the defined CoS? I am waiting already two months after my employer applied and I want to ask if anyone else had the same issue. Thank you in advance!

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Thu May 12, 2022 3:02 pm

Eirinizt wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 2:28 pm
Hi. Could you tell me how long it took to get the defined CoS? I am waiting already two months after my employer applied and I want to ask if anyone else had the same issue. Thank you in advance!
Hi, no worries, I am happy to help. I waited for 8 weeks. I called business helpdesk at least 5 times before that and every time they said that before 8 weeks passes they cannot offer any help. I believe I received response one or two days after 8 weeks. I didn't call helpdesk in those 1-2 days (after 8 weeks mark), I was away at that time.

Eirinizt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Eirinizt » Sun May 15, 2022 6:44 pm

Thank you for your reply!!

Eirinizt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Eirinizt » Fri May 20, 2022 9:12 am

Hello again. One more question if you could answer me, my CoS is granted and the employer sent the details that were asked . So now we are waiting for the cos to be assigned so I can process with the visa application? Do you know how much time it may take?