ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will gap in previous FLR affect my ILR application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chi2008
Newly Registered

Will gap in previous FLR affect my ILR application

Post by chi2008 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:26 am

I was 14 days late when applying my FLR by post as full-time student in Nov. 2003 (extended leave was granted however in Dec. 2003). I was later granted work permit in Mar. 2004 and will be eligible to apply for ILR in Feb. 2009.

I am desparate to find out for certian whether the 'FLR gap' will lead refusal of my SET(O) application in Feb./09 because I had 'overstayed' hence in breach of immigration rules. I am planning to apply at Croydon PEO, will they send me home (because of the gap in Nov. 2003) and ask me to apply by post.

Your expert opinion will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by chi2008 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:44 pm

Your qualifying period for settlement started when you were initially granted FLR as a work permit holder.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chi2008
Newly Registered

Post by chi2008 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Can the UKBA use the gaps in Nov. 2003 to refuse my SET(O) by alleging that it was a breach of immigration rules, even prior to my qualifiying period as WP holder?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:31 pm

I believe that they would just consider the time during your qualifying period (134).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.