ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family immigration for family of person with Right of Abode from Russia

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Re: Family immigration for family of person with Right of Abode from Russia

Post by vinny » Tue May 17, 2022 9:15 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am

All the contact details are for the respective people as MPs, not as ministers and would take you to their constituency or parliamentary offices, not their ministerial offices. And the general norm is for correspondence (either emails or letters) from non-constituents (or non-residents of the specific constituency that they represent) to either not be responded to or to direct them to contact the government department directly.

So, for instance, Priti Patel's website (linked to above) states;
If you are not a Witham constituent and are contacting Priti about a Home Office matter, please use the following contact details, or alternatively contact your own Member of Parliament.

Home Office, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF.

Phone: 020 7035 4848

Email: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
If you have never lived in the UK, you do not have an MP.
timarkovich wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:36 am
Is it possible to contact anyone in UKVI to find out if there is any flexibility?
There is no direct way to get authoritative advice from the Home Office regarding immigration advice.

There is a general immigration helpline, but it is outsourced (i.e. the people handling the calls are not Home Office employees and therefore may not have in depth knowledge of Home Office procedures) and in any case, the Home Office is not bound by incorrectly given advice, whether in writing or over the phone.

Is Canada not an option? You could try contacting the Canadian Embassy in Moscow.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 17, 2022 12:31 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am
There is a general immigration helpline, but it is outsourced (i.e. the people handling the calls are not Home Office employees and therefore may not have in depth knowledge of Home Office procedures) and in any case, the Home Office is not bound by incorrectly given advice, whether in writing or over the phone.
Yes, indeed. It’s difficult.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

timarkovich
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by timarkovich » Tue May 17, 2022 12:41 pm

We own a home in the UK, so Canada is not an option at this point

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 17, 2022 12:44 pm

timarkovich wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:41 pm
We own a home in the UK, so Canada is not an option at this point
Even if you own a house in the UK, if it is faster to move the family to Canada, that may be an option to look at. You can then look at moving them from Canada to the UK at some time in the future.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 17, 2022 1:09 pm

I think Canada welcomes immigrants.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:13 pm

timarkovich wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:27 am
But can't get into UK because my wife has to apply from Russia.
Your children apply for visas from Russia too. Or your children can apply from Canada I assume, as they have Canadian citizenship?
timarkovich wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:28 pm
My wife is a Russia citizen. My two children have Russian and Canadian citizenship.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 17, 2022 1:20 pm

timarkovich wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:27 am
But can't get into UK because my wife has to apply from Russia.
For a UK visa, your wife has to apply from a country where she has residence rights.

Would she get long-term residence rights in Canada based on your Canadian citizenship? I don't know the answer to that question, but if yes, then, once she is in Canada as a long-term resident, she can apply for a UK visa from there.

PS: While I am aware that this thread is about getting the visa to get your family to the UK, you may also want to be aware of the UK government's travel advice for Russia.