ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 4 after Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

midrpv
Mood:
Ireland

Spouse visa change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 4 after Naturalisation

Post by midrpv » Tue May 17, 2022 5:38 pm

Hi All

I need some help if anybody went through this already.

I am a non-EU currently on Stamp 4 and my spouse is on Stamp 1G based on my visa. My Citizenship application is approved and I will be getting the Citizenship certificate in 2-3 weeks' time. My spouse's Stamp1 G is about to expire in early August and I have to submit an application soon for renewal. As there is a restriction of 30days I can apply only within 30days of expiry. So by the time I submit the application for my Spouse, I have already get my Irish Citizenship certificate. So I can apply for Stamp 1G to Stamp 4 change for my Spouse. But while looking at the documents required, I need to submit a copy of my passport. By then I won't be getting an Irish passport as it takes 6 weeks to get based on the current processing time.

So just want to check with anyone who has already gone through this scenario and looking for any advice. Also, will they accept a copy of the Citizenship certificate instead of an Irish passport copy for Stamp 4?

Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Spouse visa change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 4 after Naturalisation

Post by littlerr » Tue May 17, 2022 5:56 pm

You don’t need your passport for this. You can submit a copy of your naturalisation certificate.

midrpv
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 4 after Naturalisation

Post by midrpv » Tue May 17, 2022 6:10 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply :)