ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling while application submitted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frantsii96
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Traveling while application submitted

Post by frantsii96 » Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm

Hi

I just wanted to clarify. Does anyone know if I can travel to the U.K. once my application for Skilled Worker visa is being considered. I’m Cypriot hence I don’t need a visa to enter U.K. I found an article saying you can’t travel while application is being processed however it was a general rule for all countries. Also I have just had a chat with Home Office on the phone they confirmed as long as I’m not applying for 2 visas which os not permitted I’m ok to enter the U.K.? However I’m just a bit scared if that’s not true

Thank you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Traveling while application submitted

Post by Casa » Tue May 17, 2022 10:31 pm

frantsii96 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm
Hi

I just wanted to clarify. Does anyone know if I can travel to the U.K. once my application for Skilled Worker visa is being considered. I’m Cypriot hence I don’t need a visa to enter U.K. I found an article saying you can’t travel while application is being processed however it was a general rule for all countries. Also I have just had a chat with Home Office on the phone they confirmed as long as I’m not applying for 2 visas which os not permitted I’m ok to enter the U.K.? However I’m just a bit scared if that’s not true

Thank you!
The issues you will face if you arrive in the UK while your Skilled Worker visa is being considered:
    You will be stamped in on entry as a visitor even though your intention isn't to visit. (I'm assuming you don't intend to return to Cyprus to have the Skilled Worker entry vignette placed in your passport).

If your Skilled Worker visa is approved you will have 30 days in which to enter the UK and collect your BRP at a designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival. You need the correct category of entry stamp for this

If you arrive in the UK before your SWV is issued you will be unable to collect the BRP as you won't have the required entry stamp in your passport for the correct visa category.

Be cautious is relying on advice given over the Home Office 'helpline'. This service is outsourced to an agency with staff who are poorly trained in the Immigration Rules and frequently give incorrect information, even on the simplest of issues.
    They take no responsibility for any consequences which may follow.
    (Casa, not CR001)
    Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

frantsii96
    Newly Registered
    United Kingdom

Post by frantsii96 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am

Hi,

I travelled to the U.K. a few weeks ago and they did not stamp my passport same as another time.

I have a trip planned from the U.K. to France for a few days. That’s where I think I’ll renter the country on a work visa.

Then I saw the article that was saying once you come to the U.K. during application then your visa will be cancelled automatically hence I’m worried. On the other hand all trips are planned.

Casa wrote:
    Tue May 17, 2022 10:31 pm
    frantsii96 wrote:
    Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm
    Hi

Thank you!
    The issues you will face if you arrive in the UK while your Skilled Worker visa is being considered:
      You will be stamped in on entry as a visitor even though your intention isn't to visit. (I'm assuming you don't intend to return to Cyprus to have the Skilled Worker entry vignette placed in your passport).

If your Skilled Worker visa is approved you will have 30 days in which to enter the UK and collect your BRP at a designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival. You need the correct category of entry stamp for this

If you arrive in the UK before your SWV is issued you will be unable to collect the BRP as you won't have the required entry stamp in your passport for the correct visa category.

Be cautious is relying on advice given over the Home Office 'helpline'. This service is outsourced to an agency with staff who are poorly trained in the Immigration Rules and frequently give incorrect information, even on the simplest of issues.
      They take no responsibility for any consequences which may follow.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 18, 2022 9:40 am

frantsii96 wrote:
      Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am
      Then I saw the article that was saying once you come to the U.K. during application then your visa will be cancelled automatically hence I’m worried. On the other hand all trips are planned.
      That doesn’t sound right.
      This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
      We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Seanedwards71
      Newly Registered
      United Kingdom

Post by Seanedwards71 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 pm

Hi, can I ask the OP how this worked out? We are in the same situation