ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after application submission

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Changing address while waiting for naturalisation

Post by SilverBeaver » Mon May 16, 2022 8:19 am

Hello, I’m an EU citizen applying 12 months after settled status. My application is straight forward so a lawyer said it’ll take about 3 months to process. However, I need to move out of my apartment halfway through the 3 months and I won’t be renting for a few months as I’m going back to visit my home country.

To change the address you need new bills in your name but I won’t be able to provide that. What options do I have? and would it be ok to not inform them of change of circumstances as all citizenship correspondence is online anyway? :? Thanks v much!!

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Changing address while waiting for naturalisation

Post by mesn » Wed May 18, 2022 11:52 am

SilverBeaver wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:19 am
Hello, I’m an EU citizen applying 12 months after settled status. My application is straight forward so a lawyer said it’ll take about 3 months to process. However, I need to move out of my apartment halfway through the 3 months and I won’t be renting for a few months as I’m going back to visit my home country.

To change the address you need new bills in your name but I won’t be able to provide that. What options do I have? and would it be ok to not inform them of change of circumstances as all citizenship correspondence is online anyway? :? Thanks v much!!
Address change might just delay the process. It was all online for me. So, might be worth not update any details with HO.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Travelling after application submission

Post by SilverBeaver » Sat May 21, 2022 4:26 pm

Hello,
I just want to double check if it's ok to travel outside the UK from the date the application is submitted on the UKVI website and payment received (but NO biometric appointment set/attended yet)? I want to travel for a short while before attending the biometric app but I wouldn't want these days to be counted toward my application as I already had 90 days outside the UK this year. Thanks.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Sat May 21, 2022 4:31 pm

Thanks very much for your response. On the UKVI website after submitting, I read the following in the section for booking a biometric appointment: "Your BRP will be sent to you by courier. You’ll usually receive it within 7 to 10 days of getting your ‘decision letter’ from the Home Office. More information is available on the Getting your BRP GOV.UK page."

Could you please clarify if the BRP will be sent by post? I thought everything is done via email and I don't need a BRP. Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:44 pm

SilverBeaver wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:31 pm
Thanks very much for your response. On the UKVI website after submitting, I read the following in the section for booking a biometric appointment: "Your BRP will be sent to you by courier. You’ll usually receive it within 7 to 10 days of getting your ‘decision letter’ from the Home Office. More information is available on the Getting your BRP GOV.UK page."

Could you please clarify if the BRP will be sent by post? I thought everything is done via email and I don't need a BRP. Thanks again.
It's a generic message. There is no brp card for naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling after application submission

Post by CR001 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 pm

SilverBeaver wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Hello,
I just want to double check if it's ok to travel outside the UK from the date the application is submitted on the UKVI website and payment received (but NO biometric appointment set/attended yet)? I want to travel for a short while before attending the biometric app but I wouldn't want these days to be counted toward my application as I already had 90 days outside the UK this year. Thanks.
Free to travel and no the days don't count as it is after the date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.