ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration certificate rejected - need help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

colombo
Newly Registered

registration certificate rejected - need help

Post by colombo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi,

Iam wonderinf if some one could help me. Iam a non eu national currently in the UK on a work permit. I got married to a eu national ( slovakian) in jul 2008 in Cyprus. My wife applied for a registration certificate in april. She has been in the UK since 2005.

when she applied for registration certificate she had to send workers registration certificate but she had a workers registration certificate only for her first job wher she worked for 9 months. she changed employer and and did not apply for a registration certicicate with her second job.

we had a letter a couple of days to advice that without a workers registration certificate and having not worked for 12 months for the same employer her application was rejected.

They have asked her to apply for a workers registration certificate and after 12 months she needs to apply for a eea1 or registration certificate

is there any way i can apply for a spouse visa without having the registration certificate?

do you think i can go to slovakia and apply for a dependant visa. or perhaps go to my country and apply for a dependant visa?

because my wife has now started university and working p/t and been with her current employer for 5 months

I have read that if she is a f/t student she can apply for a registration certificate is this correct?

I have savings of over 7k

would appreciate if some one could tell me what would be by best option?

Thanks