ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address during citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vzlanfrog
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Change of address during citizenship application

Post by vzlanfrog » Wed May 18, 2022 8:11 pm

Hello,

I applied for citizenship in June 2021. In October I received the receipt and acknowledgement and no news since.

I have moved placed earlier this month; Is it an issue for my application? How can I make sure that they will address future communication at my new address?

Thank you

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Change of address during citizenship application

Post by raja.brit » Wed May 18, 2022 8:21 pm

vzlanfrog wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:11 pm
Hello,

I applied for citizenship in June 2021. In October I received the receipt and acknowledgement and no news since.

I have moved placed earlier this month; Is it an issue for my application? How can I make sure that they will address future communication at my new address?

Thank you
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... f-address/

You need to send them a change of address form asap if you have not sent it. Once they change the address, you will receive an letter confirmation change of address.

You should also do a Anpost re-direction of delivery for your old address for at least for 3months.

Hope it helps.

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by toby2020 » Wed May 18, 2022 9:15 pm

what if you change your address but have not received a person identity number and citizenship application number yet?? do i just send information of when i sent the application in?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed May 18, 2022 9:27 pm

toby2020 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:15 pm
what if you change your address but have not received a person identity number and citizenship application number yet?? do i just send information of when i sent the application in?
Yup, I would say so. They should have a way to locate your application.